#1 Lorong ~ Tokyo, Japan 151-0071
82-1-555-1212, [email protected]
Industrious, bilingual Banking Professional seeks entrance into a graduate program for an M.S. in Mathematical Finance. Background includes ranking first in Japan Exchange Bank’s Money Management Specialist Exam with subsequent appointment to Junior Money Management Specialist, passing the CFA Level II Exam, obtaining Registered Fund Manager status, and leading the Mathematics Education Department female students at Japan International University. Fluency in Japanese and English (TOEFL 277). Technically proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Excel-VBA, SAS operating system, and MS Windows 2000.
JAPAN EXCHANGE BANK, Tokyo, Japan (April 1996 – Present)
Junior Treasurer, Fund Operations & Monitoring Department, Treasury Division (February 2001 – Present)
- Perform daily marked-to-market evaluation of securities.
- Ensure legal compliance of trader deals for funds worth US$8 billion.
- Developed JTS (Japan Exchange Bank’s Treasury System) for securities dealing.
- Designed JTS procedures for newly-traded products, including JOSDAQ 50 Index Options, Stock Options, REPO listings in Japan Stock Exchange (JSE), and OTC market products, among others.
Assistant Dealer, Money Market Department, Treasury Division (March 1999 – January 2001)
- Assisted in managing bank’s short-term liquidity of US$500 million.
- Forecasted cash flow on a daily, semi-monthly, and monthly basis for calculating accurate volumes and determining adequate funding methods; improved risk-adjusted performance by monitoring and researching market trends.
- Co-managed Call / CD / RP transactions, overseeing post-transaction management related activities, including transaction documentation and confirmation, financial settlement implementation, and redemption management, among others.
- Generated documentation and reports on money transactions and short-term liquidity for reporting to the Bank of Japan and Financial Supervisory Service.
Customer Relations Representative (April 1996 – March 1999)
- Consulted with private and corporate clientele, providing financial and legal advice on foreign exchange spot / forward / swap and other financial issues, including foreign exchange rules and regulations, investment opportunities, foreign currency rate, and bank products.
- Counseled clients on the customized Japanese Yen and foreign currency products.
- Oversaw import / export related issues, including opening L / C, advising on or purchasing of Export Bills, filing / managing related documents, and settling accounts.
JAPAN INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, Tokyo, Japan
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics Education, 1996
~ recipient, Teacher’s Scholarship
JAPAN INVESTMENT AND TRUST ASSOCIATION, Tokyo, Japan
Preparation Course for the Registered Fund Manager Exam, 2001
JAPAN BANKING INSTITUTION, Tokyo, Japan
Coursework in Monetary Economics, Financial Statements Analysis, International Finance, Introduction to Securities Business, Derivatives, Statistics Analysis, and Risk Management, 1996 – 2001
JAPAN FINANCIAL FUTURES ASSOCIATION, Tokyo, Japan
Financial Futures and Options Course, 1996
Additional college & university admission resume samples: