TEXT VERSION OF THE LAWYER RESUME SAMPLE
321 Baca Grande Boulevard ~ Albuquerque, New Mexico 87107
Work: 505-555-1222, Home: 505-555-1212
Analytical, bilingual lawyer with an interest in law enforcement, national security, and human rights. Solid background in matters of domestic / international policy, mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships. Excellent research, writing, and executive presentation skills. Adapts quickly to new environments and thrives on multiple tasks. Fluent in English, conversant in Spanish.
MONTOYA, HERNANDEZ & GROSS, L.L.P., Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1998 and 1999 – Present
Associate (1999 – Present); Law Clerk (Summer 1998)
- Provide legal counsel to various purchasers, sellers, and entities regarding domestic / international securities and merger / acquisitions / partnership transactions.
- Serve the interests of public companies with compliance issues; defend borrowers under credit facilities.
- Represented a Latin American consortium in the development, construction, and project financing of a 1,000 megawatt electrical transmission line between Argentina and Brazil.
OLIVERI, GRACE & TOOMS, P.C., Albuquerque, New Mexico, Summer 1997
- Researched admiralty and insurance law issues; prepared related memoranda.
- Co-authored a law journal article regarding recent decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in immigration law.
- Drafted an appellate brief for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
OFFICE OF SENATOR JOSEPH I. LIEBERMAN (D-CT), Washington D.C., Summer 1996
- Conducted domestic and international policy research for legislative staff; summarized committee hearings.
DE MEXICO, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Fall 1993
Intern (all work conducted in Spanish)
- Reviewed Spanish-language newspaper & prepared Mexican community opinion reports on current events.
NEW MEXICO STATE COLLEGE OF LAW, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Juris Doctor, G.P.A.: 3.25, 1999
- Queen Mary & Westfield College, London, England, Fall 1998
ALBUQUERQUE COLLEGE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Minor in Spanish, 1995
- Graduated cum laude
- Attended Instituto de Estudios Europeos in Madrid, Spain – Fall 1993
ACADEMIA DE ESPANOL QUITO, Quito, Ecuador
Advanced Certification in Spanish, 1999
BAR ADMISSION & ACTIVITIES
- Member, State Bar of New Mexico, 1999 – Present
- Member, New Mexico Young Lawyers’ Association, 1999 – Present
- Articles & Notes Editor (1998 – 1999): Staff Member (1997 – 1998), International Law Journal
- Brief Writer (1998 – 1999), Trace Jones International Law Moot Court Team, Team won the South Central Regional Championship