TEXT VERSION OF THE PATENT ATTORNEY RESUME SAMPLE
PO #15522 ~ Seoul, Korea 96276
(82) 002-555-1212, [email protected]
Altruistic, ethical Patent Attorney experienced in interpreting & applying Korean intellectual property law. Articulate and persuasive litigator who willingly works within the constraints of the system to achieve justice for all parties. Special capabilities in discovering critical legal points in complex litigation. Written & oral fluency in Korean & English, with the ability to read Japanese.
CHEW, SHIN & HUN LAW FIRM, Seoul, Korea (1999 – Present)
- Perform application and registration procedures for intellectual property rights, with particular emphasis in a broad range of bioengineering patents.
- Consult with clients to protect the property rights of their inventions both in Korean & abroad.
- Litigate intellectual property matters for clients.
- Served as an apprentice with the firm from November 1999 through February 2000.
EDUCATION & LANGUAGE TRAINING
Bachelor of Science in Biology Education, 1998
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, Seoul, Korea
- Awarded Achievement Scholarships During Two Semesters
- Elected as Chief of Planning Department of Administration in the Student Association, 1995
- Provided summer school instruction for high school students as a member of the University’s Environmental Activists Group, 1994
- Studied English & Korean at National University and at a London-based school. Granted a certificate of proficiency in the ability to “express points of view on a wide range of topics and can understand and exchange information reliably. Has a sufficient command of the language to be able to adopt appropriate formulation in many different circumstances. Can communicate confidently in most professional and personal contexts (in upper-intermediate 2 level).”
- Patent Attorney, March 2000 / Passed the bar in November 1999
- High School Teacher, 1998
- Member, The Patent Attorneys Association, 2000 – Present
- Chief of Patent Law Comparative Study Group, The Patent Attorneys Association, 2000 – Present
- “Disputes Caused by Trademark-Domain Name Conflict,” Trademark Attorney Papers, Training Institute, Seoul, Korea, 2000