With the new calendar year and the slowly increasing supply of light here in Wisconsin, I’m thinking … [Read More] about 4 Tactics to Get Ahead in the New Year
You’ve heard this advice before: If you wait until a job opening is posted, it’s too late! How frustrating! You’re following the rules, and I’m saying that there’s no possible way to win. What – you’re supposed to break the rules and sprinkle … Read More about If the Job’s Posted, It’s Too Late
It’s a new year! What a great time to hit the office with a new attitude. It’s never too late to re-make yourself at work. Have you fallen behind on following through? Have you dragged into meetings tardy with less than a ‘we can do it’ attitude? Now … Read More about New Year, New Attitude Towards Work
Developing a compelling personal brand image still remains essential to winning and keeping management's faith. Since the massive downsizing wave that swept the 1990's, management has begun to suffer the same pains as the blue collar workers. … Read More about Personal Brand Management: The Secret to Career Mobility
Welcome to WorkAlpha
WorkAlpha is an online resource center for job search and career. The site is divided in 2 main sections, each further subdivided.
The job search section addresses general job search topics, as well as topics specifically related to networking, resume writing, cover letter writing and job interviewing.
The career section addresses general career topics, like career advancement, but also incidental topics, such as the workplace, productivity and work-life balance.
We hope you find WorkAlpha helpful. All the resources on WorkAlpha are available for free. If you want to help us maintain and grow the site, please spread the word. Each ounce of goodwill counts.
Search the Vast Resources on WorkAlpha
Featured Resources | Job Search
- Resume Layout: Looks Matter, But It’s Really About Results
- Writing a WOW LinkedIn Summary: How to Promote Your Brand and Market Yourself
- 10 Tips for Writing a Good Cover Letter
- Resume Formats: How to Highlight Your Candidacy
- How the Illogical Process of Hiring Can Help YOU
- Good Practices When Asking for a Letter of Recommendation
Featured Resources | Career
- Creating a Custom Job Out of Thin Air
- Considering a Career Change? Prepare Before You Leap
- Who Are You, Anyway? — Tips on How to Build a Fulfilling Career
- Career Progression: When Getting Visibility at Work Is a Good Thing
- Affirming Yourself: Ask for the Work Assignments That You Want
- No-Nonsense, Practical Approach to Getting Ahead at Work