A good cover letter is an essential part of any job application. It is an important way of … [Read More] about 10 Tips for Writing a Good Cover Letter
They say that many people fear public speaking more than death. I used to be that way, back in school, but I discovered that there's a secret. In school, I was convinced that others in the classroom were there to berate and belittle me. Let's face … Read More about Giving an Engaging Presentation: Some Thoughts and Practical Tips
Our work lives can get complicated and stressful at times, especially when it comes to changing careers or having a change in income. Luckily, there are many things an individual can do to start limiting their stress. While eating right and … Read More about Financial Tips to Limit Stress Outside of Work
Jason wrote: I recently graduated from university and have not found a job yet. With the recession, should I think about going back to do graduate studies this fall if I don't have any interviews lined up for next month? Looking for a job during a … Read More about Should You Undertake Graduate Studies if You Cannot Find a Job?
Welcome to WorkAlpha
WorkAlpha is an online resource center for job search and career. The site is divided in 2 main sections, each further subdivided.
The job search section addresses general job search topics, as well as topics specifically related to networking, resume writing, cover letter writing and job interviewing.
The career section addresses general career topics, like career advancement, but also incidental topics, such as the workplace, productivity and work-life balance.
We hope you find WorkAlpha helpful. All the resources on WorkAlpha are available for free. If you want to help us maintain and grow the site, please spread the word. Each ounce of goodwill counts.
Search the Vast Resources on WorkAlpha
Featured Resources | Job Search
- Resume Layout: Looks Matter, But It’s Really About Results
- Writing a WOW LinkedIn Summary: How to Promote Your Brand and Market Yourself
- 10 Tips for Writing a Good Cover Letter
- Resume Formats: How to Highlight Your Candidacy
- How the Illogical Process of Hiring Can Help YOU
- Good Practices When Asking for a Letter of Recommendation
Featured Resources | Career
- Creating a Custom Job Out of Thin Air
- Considering a Career Change? Prepare Before You Leap
- Who Are You, Anyway? — Tips on How to Build a Fulfilling Career
- Career Progression: When Getting Visibility at Work Is a Good Thing
- Affirming Yourself: Ask for the Work Assignments That You Want
- No-Nonsense, Practical Approach to Getting Ahead at Work