I have to confess I’m confused and a little bit suspicious of two big themes running through the way … [Read More] about Do Fun and Work Have to Be Incompatible?
For some of us, it may be easier to become more discouraged than others. However, there are proactive and practical steps you can take to combat feeling discouraged. The next time you feel the blues coming on, try one of the following ideas: 1) … Read More about Five Ways to Combat Feeling Discouraged
If you read books on investment or business, you'll know that all the experts tell you to develop an "exit strategy" for your investments or your business, even while writing the business plan. Without using a bunch of financial jargon, basically you … Read More about Developing Your Career Exit Strategy
One of the things employers look for on a resume is whether or not you have been consistently working; that is do you have the dreaded ‘job gap’ on your resume. With the recent high unemployment numbers it is not uncommon for there to be small gaps … Read More about Resume Tips for Re-entering the Workforce After a Career Gap
Welcome to WorkAlpha
WorkAlpha is an online resource center for job search and career. The site is divided in 2 main sections, each further subdivided.
The job search section addresses general job search topics, as well as topics specifically related to networking, resume writing, cover letter writing and job interviewing.
The career section addresses general career topics, like career advancement, but also incidental topics, such as the workplace, productivity and work-life balance.
We hope you find WorkAlpha helpful. All the resources on WorkAlpha are available for free. If you want to help us maintain and grow the site, please spread the word. Each ounce of goodwill counts.
Search the Vast Resources on WorkAlpha
Featured Resources | Job Search
- Resume Layout: Looks Matter, But It’s Really About Results
- Writing a WOW LinkedIn Summary: How to Promote Your Brand and Market Yourself
- 10 Tips for Writing a Good Cover Letter
- Resume Formats: How to Highlight Your Candidacy
- How the Illogical Process of Hiring Can Help YOU
- Good Practices When Asking for a Letter of Recommendation
Featured Resources | Career
- Creating a Custom Job Out of Thin Air
- Considering a Career Change? Prepare Before You Leap
- Who Are You, Anyway? — Tips on How to Build a Fulfilling Career
- Career Progression: When Getting Visibility at Work Is a Good Thing
- Affirming Yourself: Ask for the Work Assignments That You Want
- No-Nonsense, Practical Approach to Getting Ahead at Work