Specialization is the name of the game today. Even something like online marketing, which was once … [Read More] about Five Ways to Communicate When Expertise Varies
One of the potential problems with email is that sometimes it goes from an efficient and necessary office tool to an inefficient and overused substitute for effective conversations either in person or via the phone. Following are 5 tips to write … Read More about Five Tips to Write Better Emails and Raise Your Profile at Work
Back in 2011, the CNN website published an article entitled: "Why Taking Lunch Breaks Makes You a Better Employee." The article stated that despite the popular perception that lunch breaks are a waste of time, they can actually prove to be … Read More about Deactivating and Reactivating as a Way to Improve Productivity
Here’s a question which could be as indicative of personality as boxers or briefs – do you prefer to run into the wind, or with the wind at your back? If you’d prefer a nice latte and a scone instead, that’s fine. Think about the wind you’d like … Read More about Running with the Wind at Your Back or Against the Wind?
Welcome to WorkAlpha
WorkAlpha is an online resource center for job search and career. The site is divided in 2 main sections, each further subdivided.
The job search section addresses general job search topics, as well as topics specifically related to networking, resume writing, cover letter writing and job interviewing.
The career section addresses general career topics, like career advancement, but also incidental topics, such as the workplace, productivity and work-life balance.
We hope you find WorkAlpha helpful. All the resources on WorkAlpha are available for free. If you want to help us maintain and grow the site, please spread the word. Each ounce of goodwill counts.
Search the Vast Resources on WorkAlpha
Featured Resources | Job Search
- Resume Layout: Looks Matter, But It’s Really About Results
- Writing a WOW LinkedIn Summary: How to Promote Your Brand and Market Yourself
- 10 Tips for Writing a Good Cover Letter
- Resume Formats: How to Highlight Your Candidacy
- How the Illogical Process of Hiring Can Help YOU
- Good Practices When Asking for a Letter of Recommendation
Featured Resources | Career
- Creating a Custom Job Out of Thin Air
- Considering a Career Change? Prepare Before You Leap
- Who Are You, Anyway? — Tips on How to Build a Fulfilling Career
- Career Progression: When Getting Visibility at Work Is a Good Thing
- Affirming Yourself: Ask for the Work Assignments That You Want
- No-Nonsense, Practical Approach to Getting Ahead at Work