Sometimes, the most valuable players in a company are the ones you will never meet unless you try. … [Read More] about Don’t Fool Yourself, Everyone Can Make a Difference
Most freelancers are – or should be – constantly looking for work, kind of like the relationship between teenage boys and food, or whales trolling for plankton. This constant need for work leads to an equally constant stream of job contacts and … Read More about How to Craft a Cover Email That Gets You Work
If you want to win your clients over and retain them long-term, you must avoid making silly mistakes. By "silly," we mean mistakes that are totally avoidable. Here are some tips to help you ensure that you are putting your best foot forward when it … Read More about Freelance Mistakes to Avoid When Working with Clients
“Space, the final frontier…” I must confess that my heart went a little pitter pat when Spock intoned those famous words at the end of “Star Trek.” Why, I wondered? It could be because I’m a least a partial nerd, but it felt like something more … Read More about Space, Your Personal Frontier
Welcome to WorkAlpha
WorkAlpha is an online resource center for job search and career. The site is divided in 2 main sections, each further subdivided.
The job search section addresses general job search topics, as well as topics specifically related to networking, resume writing, cover letter writing and job interviewing.
The career section addresses general career topics, like career advancement, but also incidental topics, such as the workplace, productivity and work-life balance.
We hope you find WorkAlpha helpful. All the resources on WorkAlpha are available for free. If you want to help us maintain and grow the site, please spread the word. Each ounce of goodwill counts.
Search the Vast Resources on WorkAlpha
Featured Resources | Job Search
- Resume Layout: Looks Matter, But It’s Really About Results
- Writing a WOW LinkedIn Summary: How to Promote Your Brand and Market Yourself
- 10 Tips for Writing a Good Cover Letter
- Resume Formats: How to Highlight Your Candidacy
- How the Illogical Process of Hiring Can Help YOU
- Good Practices When Asking for a Letter of Recommendation
Featured Resources | Career
- Creating a Custom Job Out of Thin Air
- Considering a Career Change? Prepare Before You Leap
- Who Are You, Anyway? — Tips on How to Build a Fulfilling Career
- Career Progression: When Getting Visibility at Work Is a Good Thing
- Affirming Yourself: Ask for the Work Assignments That You Want
- No-Nonsense, Practical Approach to Getting Ahead at Work