Following is a list of what we believe are the 25 keys to writing an effective cover letter to … [Read More] about 25 Golden Rules for Effective Cover Letter Writing
I recently wrote a post about the warning signs I should have noticed before I took a job, or two or three, and leapt onto a number of sinking ships. While those experiences weren’t always fun (sometimes they were), they were very educational and … Read More about Four Signs You Should Take the Job
I know you’re looking desperately for a suitable job, but ask yourself whether you’re just working hard at it or you’re working smart at it. Some get so disappointed by the entire process that they give up on it entirely. Please don’t! I want to … Read More about Don’t Apply for Jobs: Be Referred to Them
What is the best way to present yourself on a resume if you are an expert in more than one area? Do you combine your specialties into one resume? Do you have two (or more) separate resumes for each area? I worked with a client this past week that had … Read More about Should You Have One or Two Resumes?
Welcome to WorkAlpha
WorkAlpha is an online resource center for job search and career. The site is divided in 2 main sections, each further subdivided.
The job search section addresses general job search topics, as well as topics specifically related to networking, resume writing, cover letter writing and job interviewing.
The career section addresses general career topics, like career advancement, but also incidental topics, such as the workplace, productivity and work-life balance.
We hope you find WorkAlpha helpful. All the resources on WorkAlpha are available for free. If you want to help us maintain and grow the site, please spread the word. Each ounce of goodwill counts.
Search the Vast Resources on WorkAlpha
Featured Resources | Job Search
- Resume Layout: Looks Matter, But It’s Really About Results
- Writing a WOW LinkedIn Summary: How to Promote Your Brand and Market Yourself
- 10 Tips for Writing a Good Cover Letter
- Resume Formats: How to Highlight Your Candidacy
- How the Illogical Process of Hiring Can Help YOU
- Good Practices When Asking for a Letter of Recommendation
Featured Resources | Career
- Creating a Custom Job Out of Thin Air
- Considering a Career Change? Prepare Before You Leap
- Who Are You, Anyway? — Tips on How to Build a Fulfilling Career
- Career Progression: When Getting Visibility at Work Is a Good Thing
- Affirming Yourself: Ask for the Work Assignments That You Want
- No-Nonsense, Practical Approach to Getting Ahead at Work