Anyone who's actively looked for a job knows that working with recruiters can be a very viable route … [Read More] about Dealing with Recruiters: How to Be Heard Loud & Clear
When thinking of ways to improve our lifestyle, it’s easy to focus on added activities or new things to buy. However, the first step to truly improving our lifestyle is actually to prune and simplify. For instance, when I became overwhelmed with my … Read More about Five Bad Habits to Drop for an Improved Lifestyle
You spend hours, days, even weeks creating the perfect resume. You agonize over every detail – the font, the wording, do you center your name or left justify? Do you have enough keywords? Any spelling mistakes? And then finally . . . it’s complete. … Read More about Customize Your Resume for the Best Results
If you’ve been unemployed or unhappy in your work for some time, you’ve most likely been concentrating your energy on getting a new job. It can come as something of a shock, then, when you start that new job and find yourself feeling a little … Read More about Riding Your Job Learning Curve
Welcome to WorkAlpha
WorkAlpha is an online resource center for job search and career. The site is divided in 2 main sections, each further subdivided.
The job search section addresses general job search topics, as well as topics specifically related to networking, resume writing, cover letter writing and job interviewing.
The career section addresses general career topics, like career advancement, but also incidental topics, such as the workplace, productivity and work-life balance.
We hope you find WorkAlpha helpful. All the resources on WorkAlpha are available for free. If you want to help us maintain and grow the site, please spread the word. Each ounce of goodwill counts.
Search the Vast Resources on WorkAlpha
Featured Resources | Job Search
- Resume Layout: Looks Matter, But It’s Really About Results
- Writing a WOW LinkedIn Summary: How to Promote Your Brand and Market Yourself
- 10 Tips for Writing a Good Cover Letter
- Resume Formats: How to Highlight Your Candidacy
- How the Illogical Process of Hiring Can Help YOU
- Good Practices When Asking for a Letter of Recommendation
Featured Resources | Career
- Creating a Custom Job Out of Thin Air
- Considering a Career Change? Prepare Before You Leap
- Who Are You, Anyway? — Tips on How to Build a Fulfilling Career
- Career Progression: When Getting Visibility at Work Is a Good Thing
- Affirming Yourself: Ask for the Work Assignments That You Want
- No-Nonsense, Practical Approach to Getting Ahead at Work