The air is getting colder, the twinkle lights are going up, and you know what that means: job seekers taking a break from the hunt. But winter brings more than snow: for industrious job seekers it can also bring added opportunities. In fact, the winter months might be just the cure for the common job search, getting you out ahead of your competition.
The infographic below — compiled by CareerShift, a comprehensive job hunting and career management solution — shows job hunters how to get a great position before the first snowfall. Some takeaways to note:
- 39% of retail and 18% of IT companies are hiring this winter
- Job seekers spend 29.94% of their hunt searching online for positions
- 46% of successful job seekers applied directly to the employer
- Job seekers should consider scheduling informational interviews with contacts
- 54% of job seekers use social media to network
Check out the full infographic below for more tips on how to avoid getting left out in the cold during the winter job search!
What do you think? How are you using the winter to ramp up your job search? Share in the comments!