(Name of Hiring Manager, Title)
(Name of Company)
(City, State, Zip)
Dear (Mr. or Ms.) (Last Name),
Application for Insurance Claims Auditor Position
I wanted to respond to your job posting on Craigslist for an insurance claims auditor. My experience with companies such as State Farm and Allstate have given me an excellent basis for meeting all your criteria.
Among the tasks I performed were:
- Reviewing clinical notes and claims submitted to verify the appropriateness of codes billed.
- Providing timely claims payment decisions based on review.
- Completing and documenting audits based on established guidelines.
- Providing analytical data on billing trends/issues and medical cost savings opportunities.
- Supporting internal and external customers by answering questions about policies/guidelines.
For the past two years I have been assisting with my parents’ medical needs, and as such had to step out of the work force. I am now eager to find a position that will make use of my skills and qualifications.
Based on my experiences with them and the sometimes byzantine structure of claims questions I had, I feel that I re-enter the work force with a renewed understanding of what clients are looking for when they call with questions. I believe I have the perfect blend of industry knowledge and experience, and soft skills such as team work, compassion and drive that will make me a valued member of your team.
I look forward to talking with you in more detail about the position and my experience. You may reach me at the contact information below.