October 10, 2003
Mr. Thomas Givens
Vice President, Human Resources
111 Coast Drive
Seattle, Washington 98101
Dear Mr. Givens:
As an IT professional skilled in Access database development, business/systems analysis, web design, and computer software training for First Trust, Shoe Source of the Pacific, and as an independent consultant, I feel confident of the skill I can bring to your opening.
In addition to pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology from Washington College, which will be awarded in December, my background also includes:
- Integrating new projects into a custom application based on Internet Explorer by developing and documenting a systems testing process to ensure effectiveness before production was implemented for First Trust.
- Tracking projects, issues, and resolutions by developing an Access database application for Shoe Source of the Pacific.
- Boosting productivity 78% and transforming the process for tracking client inquiries for First Trust by developing an Access database application, which included custom search forms, user-friendly data entry forms, effective management reports, and automated calculations.
- Increased Quality Assurance efficiency by 45% and reducing manual processes 87% for Shoe Source of the Pacific by developing an Access database that implemented the new Quality Assurance program and provided automated reports.
- Superior communication skills, analytical capabilities, and a continuing pursuit for increased knowledge of new technologies.
Additional capabilities are listed in the enclosed resume. In an effort to discuss this matter further, I will be calling your office within the next few days to see if we might set up a time to meet.
If you have any questions, I can be reached at the number listed above. Thank you for your attention.