March 18, 2002
Mr. Robert Simmons
Director of Human Relations
Stein, Field & Clairmont
111 Nob Hill Drive
San Francisco, California 94124
Dear Mr. Simmons:
This letter is to express my interest in joining your firm’s Tax Department as an Associate. With a solid background in taxation, coupled with four academic degrees and current attendance in the Taxation Program at Stanford University’s Law Center, I know I can make a positive contribution to your firm.
Briefly, my qualifications include:
- More than four years as a tax agent for Israel’s Internal Revenue Service.
- Licensure in the State of Israel as a Certified Public Accountant.
- Successful completion of a legal internship under the supervision of the Deputy Chief Counsel of Israel’s Internal Revenue Service.
- Work as an associate in the Tax Department of Muldar, Neiman & Schwartz Co., one of Israel’s most prestigious law firms specializing in commercial law and taxation.
- Expertise in tax law, including income, capital gains, and land betterment.
- An interest in international and US tax law.
- A B.A. in Accounting, an MBA in Finance and Accounting, an LL.B. (Juris Doctorate equivalent), and an LL.M. in Commercial Law graduating magna cum laude in each from Tel Aviv University.
- LL.M. Candidacy in Stanford University Law Center’s Taxation Program with an expected graduation date this May.
Additional qualifications can be found in the enclosed resume and academic transcript.
In an effort to discuss this matter further, I will be calling your office within the next few days to see if we might set up a time to meet.
If you have any questions, I can be reached at the number listed above. Thank you for your attention.