The interview process gives you the opportunity to show that you are the right fit for the job. It gives you the chance to expand on the information that you provided in your resume and gather information about the position. Read the interview tips in this section to improve your interviewing skills and avoid common errors often made by job seekers.
The goal of the job interview is to show the employer that you have the skills, background and ability to do the job. However, interviewing is not only about substance. It’s also about chemistry. After all, if a person is going to join the organization, better find someone that will be enjoyable to work with. This is the harder and less predictable part of interviewing. Sometimes you will click with the interviewer(s), sometimes you won’t. On a general note, however, be yourself and show an open mind.
An effective resume will secure you an interview. A successful interview will secure you a job offer. Good luck and don’t forget to smile!
Articles on discrimination:
Articles on fit:
- Interviewing Like a Chameleon: Adapt to the Interviewer’s Style
- How the Illogical Process of Hiring Can Help YOU
- Chemistry with the Interviewer: Are You Like Me? Hired!
- Why Employers Look for Fit
Articles giving insights on the interview process:
- The Art and Science of the Face-to-Face Interview
- Women Versus Men in Job Interviews and Salary Negotiations
- The Secret of an Excellent Interview
- 4 Key Aspects of the Job Interview and How to Address Them
- Positive and Negative Factors in an Interview
- Can YOU Control the Interview?
- Position Yourself as a Consultant to Stand Out at the Job Interview
Articles on how to make a good impression:
- Giving Answers the Interviewer Wants to Hear While Being True to Yourself
- How to Deal with an Interviewer Who Doesn’t Look Interested in Your Candidacy
- How Crucial Is That First Impression in an Interview?
- Interview Tips to Impress Recruiters
- Can Body Language Be Learned?
- How to Make a Good Impression at the Job Interview
- Do You Have That Spark in Your Eyes?
- How to Present Yourself
Articles on managing stress:
- Does a Job Interview Make You Nervous? Tips on How to Overcome Your Nervousness
- How to Manage Stress During the Job Interview
- How to Overcome Nervousness Before the Job Interview