Text Version of the
Accountant Resume Sample
122 Kismis, Singapore, 598063, +65555512121, [email protected]
Audits ~ Internal Controls ~ Reports
Meticulous, bilingual Professional with extensive experience at major accounting firms. Audit portfolio includes private and publicly held companies in diverse industries, including banking and manufacturing. Technically proficient in MS Excel / Word and the SCALA Business Solution, Excellent communicator who is fluent in English and Mandarin, conversant in Cantonese and Hokkien, and possesses working knowledge of Malay language. Strong team-working and multi-tasking skills, successfully completes projects within time & budget constraints. Attended the AIESEC Management Training Program. Willing to relocate.
LEVERPOL & SOLOMON, Accountant, Singapore (2000 – 2001)
- Supported outsourced financial services of Infineum, Singapore, a joint-venture between ExxonMobil Chemical Company, Shell Petroleum Company Ltd., and Shell Oil. Infineum is one of the market leaders in the development, manufacture, and sale of additives for petroleum fuels & lubricants.
- Directed activities of four staff members in the general ledger department.
- Facilitated communication with the internal and external auditors.
- Refined operational controls in the management reporting process.
- Examined journal vouchers, general ledger reconciliations, and numerous analyses including P&L variance, inter-company accounts, and aging.
- Generated monthly close of financial statements; prepared management reports concerning purchases, sales and inventory.
- Prepared submission of Exxon US Tax Conform Reporting package and various statutory reports & surveys.
- Awarded significant pay increases within an 18-month period for superior service.
- Designed and developed a general ledger procedure manual.
- Enhanced productivity by automating the month-end reporting process.
ACCELOR & DAMIEN, Auditor, Singapore (1997 – 1999)
- Audited a diverse portfolio, including private and publicly listed concerns involved in trading, investment holding, retail, manufacturing, and banking.
- Coordinated audit team activities to meet objectives within time constraints; mentored junior staff.
- Generated statutory accounts, management letters, and audit issues memoranda.
- Established strategies to carry out comprehensive audit plans.
- made recommendations for effective internal controls after careful examination of current system.
UNIVERSITY OF LONDON, United Kingdom
Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and Financial Management, with Honours, 1997
TEACHER’S COLLEGE, Malaysia
South Australian Certificate of Education, 1994
INDEPENDANT HIGH SCHOOL, Malaysia
Unified Examination Certificate (Equivalent to GCE ‘A’ Level), 1993
Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (Equivalent to GCE ‘0’ Level), 1992