Text Version of the
Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
111 Broadway, Newport News, Virginia 23601, 757-555-1212, [email protected]
- Diligent, detail-oriented Administrative Assistant knowledgeable of all office functions, with a solid background in the healthcare field.
- Excels at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, completing projects within time and budget constraints.
- Superior telephone, customer service, and computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
VIRGINIA HEALTH CARE, Newport News, VA (1995 – Present)
Physical Therapist Assistant (2001 – Present)
- Care for geriatric patients and other age groups diagnosed with musculoskeletal, neurological, vascular, and cardiac conditions under physical therapist supervision.
- Document patient data in computer systems.
- Increased productivity through superior patient interaction and prior department experience, allowing staff to evaluate more patients.
Office Automation Clerk, Rehabilitation Department (1995 – 2001)
- Provided administrative support to the Associate Chief and Program Specialist of the Rehabilitation Service, the Rehabilitation Clerical Office, and Physical Therapy.
- Created and executed numerous projects using Excel and PowerPoint; used PowerPoint to help develop a staff cascade phone directory.
- Facilitated communication between clerical staff and PM & RS by initiating conferences and providing hard data on patient status.
- Scheduled and greeted patients; answered telephones; purchased supplies; and performed data entry, billing, and coding.
- Arranged training class travel; assisted managers in training students.
- Participated in PM & RS in-service sessions and quality improvement programs.
- Maintained new referral tracking system that improved patient care; identified and resolved problem of delays in patient treatment.
VIRGINIA HEALTH SCIENCE COLLEGE, Newport News, VA
Bachelor of Arts in Behavioral Science, Expected 2003
VIRGINIA STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Newport News, VA
Associate of Applied Science, Physical Therapist Assistant, 2001
MASUR NURSING HOME, Newport News, VA
Clinical Affiliation III – Subacute Inpatient / Outpatient Rehab (6 weeks), 2001
CITY HOSPITAL, Newport News, VA
Clinical Affiliation II – Acute Inpatient / Outpatient Rehab (6 weeks), 2000
VIRGINIA STATE PHYSICAL THERAPY, Newport News, VA
Clinical Affiliation I – Private Orthopedic Clinic (4 weeks), 1999