Text Version of the
Art School Admissions Resume Sample
TARA LYNNE SIMINGTON
2332 Barrington Lane, Frontenac, MO 63141
314-555-1212, [email protected]
Award-winning Student Artist skilled in numerous media, including pen & ink, watercolor, oils, and acrylics. Successfully creates portraits, caricatures, still life, and landscapes utilizing all subject matter. Additional capabilities in sculpting and jewellery design.
- First Place, Pen & Ink Portrait, St. Louis Art Competition, 2001
- First Place, Morning Sky in Acrylic, Midwest Design Show, 2000
- Third Place, Self-Portrait in Watercolor, Monsanto Show, 2000
- Winner, Oil, St. Louis Firefighters’ Poster Contest, 1999
- Gold Ribbon, Pen & Ink Still Life, Children’s Art Show, 1997
ST. JOSEPH’S ACADEMY, Frontenac, Missouri
High School Diploma, Expected June 2002
~ GPA: 3.4 ~ Art GPA: 4.0
~ Art Scholarship Recipient, 1999 – 2002
~ SAT: Writing: 800 / Math: 520
MARK TWAIN SUMMER INSTITUTE
FOR THE ARTISTICALLY GIFTED, Creve Coeur, Missouri
Art Summer School, 1998 – 2001
Yearbook Committee, St. Joseph’s Academy, 2000 – 2001
- Designed page layouts for academic yearbook, including creating artwork in numerous media.
- Selected and prepared photographs with additional responsibilities in cropping and reformatting.
PRESIDENT / MEMBER,
Art Club, St. Joseph’s Academy, 2001
- Led efforts to get student art displayed for sale in local malls.
- Assisted in establishing a scholarship fund for inner-city children to attend art summer camp.