Text Version of the
Brand Manager Resume Sample
3211 Riverside Drive, New York, New York 10001
212-555-1212 / [email protected]esumeedge.com
Results-oriented Fashion Industry Professional with record of turning around organizations ensuring survival and growth during economic downturns. Proven leadership capabilities in revitalizing and launching products, devising effective advertising campaigns, and restructuring territories for maximum profitability. Background includes managing major brands such as Guess, Benetton, Levis, Adidas, and Reebok. International fashion experience in Europe and the Middle East with fluency in French and English.
GROUP DIVISION MANAGER, El Mummai Group, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, (2001 – Present)
- Played key role in company reorganization, including revitalizing stale products, restructuring the product mix, improving merchandising strategies, reorganizing territories, and launching an advertising/marketing campaign.
- Oversee numerous brands including Guess, Kids Guess, Levi’s Dockers, Replay, Fubu, D&G, Moschino, Iceberg, Bikkembergs, and Exte, among others.
- Ensure a team atmosphere and positive employee relations.
- Fostered and maintained strong communications and business relations with all suppliers.
- Stabilized sales in a declining market by bringing in popular brands, such as Levi’s and Dockers, renovating stores, implementing a retail education program for sales staff, initiating a new client service program with fidelity card, and changing the corporate image.
- Streamlined procedures by implementing RetailPro, a new software program for stock management.
- Assisted in creating a new concept store that reestablished The Group as an innovative market leader.
GENERAL MANAGER, Tumood Laeed Collective, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, (2000 – 2001)
- Saved a failing company through reorganization, including installing new technology, improving quality of service, streamlining the administrative/operating system, and revitalizing sales.
- Managed brands that included Jack & Jones, Exit, Vero Moda, Selected, Only, and Oxygene, among others.
- Facilitated communications between employees for improved teamwork; improved relations with suppliers.
- Served as the head of sales, marketing, and advertising for the Oasis Mall with 100 retail outlets.
- Increased market share and profits and reduced costs by reorganizing the fashion division according to the western standard.
- Created IT, accounting, and commercial departments.
- Established and organized the Oasis Mall property leasing department that oversaw rentals, contracts, renewals, and billings; designed and implemented the marketing and advertising departments, overseeing design of the mall’s new logo and promotional events.
COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR, Trading Company Limited, Kiev, Ukraine, (1998 – 2000)
- Oversaw reorganization that included creating and introducing new concept stores that revitalized sales.
- Reorganized territories, improved merchandising strategies, and improved service quality.
- Relaunched company’s corporate image by establishing a new advertising agency, new logo/image campaign, and promotional activities.
- Oversaw numerous brands, including Lee & Wrangler, Big Star, Benetton, Mango, Morgan, Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Energie, Miss Sixty, Levis, Unlimited, 4YOU, and Sinequanone, among others.
DONNA NEIMAN, PAGE TWO
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (Continued)
COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR, Trading Company Limited (Continued)
- Reorganized the entire commercial division, including creating the architectural, marketing, advertising, public relations, visual merchandiser, and wholesale departments.
- Ensured company survival during the Russian Economic Crisis of 1998.
- Enabled company to receive the Business Recognition Award from the Kiev Post.
MANAGING PARTNER, Overseas Limited, Jebel Ali, Dubai, UAE, (1995 – 1997)
- Oversaw major account, including the sole distribution of the Diesel brand for the Middle East and Gulf countries.
- Performed market analysis and strategic marketing planning.
- Designed effective marketing and promotion strategies, including product education programs, market development, and sales campaigns; created new product launches.
- Negotiated with banks, oversaw financial operations, including accounting and audit departments.
- Trained and directed activities of the sales force.
- Created the Rushdi Malhas Trading Est., Dubai Branch; opened four stores with full administrative, finance, operation, and commercial responsibilities.
- Grew clientele in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, UAE, Bahrain, and Lebanon.
- Successfully launched the company’s trademark throughout the Gulf countries.
GENERAL MANAGER, Trading International Group, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, (1995)
- Managed day-to-day operations such as staff recruitment, budgeting, planning, and operations.
- Oversaw major brands, including Diesel, Benetton, Dolce & Gabbana, Beltrami, Furla, and Jean Paul Gauthier, among others.
- Managed major accounts; created effective advertising and promotion strategies; launched new products.
- Created product education programs; developed pricing strategies.
- Managed and trained the sales force.
- Launched the company’s trademark through aggressive marketing, including shop openings and publicity.
- Increased market share through the introduction of new products and services.
Additional Experience as the Shop Manager for New You SARL in Liege, Belgium
ART DESIGN, Saint Luc, Liege, Belgium, (1986 – 1987)
LATIN & MATHEMATICS, Athenee Royal De Liege, Liege, Belgium, (1985 – 1986)
DIPLOMA IN LATIN & SCIENCES, Saint Servais, Liege, Belgium, (1982 – 1985)