Text Version of the
Business Analyst Resume Sample
TONI BURNS, MBA
6684 Baca Grande Drive, Albuquerne, New Mexico 87101
505-555-1212, [email protected]
Business Analyst with superior analytical skills applied to contract negotiations, business processes, data collection and management for major health providers, including Health First. Consistently promoted to positions of increased responsibility, advancing three times within a one-year period. Excellent communicator with fluency in English and Spanish. Proven leadership in training employees and conducting formal presentations to all levels of management. Outstanding academic credentials in business, international management, and analytical finance.
- Completed contracting for 6,000+ providers within 6 months for CHAMPUS contract.
- Improved production 20% through the establishment of department production standards.
- Launched marketing department for the State of New Mexico.
Financial & Business Analysis
- Performed complex analyses for system-wide negotiations, projections, and line-of-business reviews in addition to analysis of population distribution, claim/utilization, and cost.
- Identified, collected, and organized data from multiple sources for input into monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports provided to contracting/finance departments and senior management.
- Designed and implemented database applications used in contract rate and risk management analysis as well as the identification and correction of date errors and discrepancies.
Management & Supervision
- Analyzed, interpreted, and resolved claims with authorization for payments up to $75,000.
- Directed activities of 40 claims analysts at a large project site.
- Interacted daily with enrolment, claims, utilization/quality management, and customer service to
resolve provider issues.
HEALTH FIRST, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1997-2003
Manager, Contract Analysis/Senior Financial Analyst
FEDERAL HEALTH SERVICES, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1994-1997
Manager, Provider Relations
CROSS HEALTH CARE, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1993-1994
GROUP SERVICES, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1990-1993
Senior Claims Analyst/Project Manager
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Master of Business Administration, 1992
NEW WEST UNIVERSITY, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bachelor of Arts in Business, 1989