Text Version of the Business School Admissions Resume Sample
3328 Madrona Drive ~ Eugene, Oregon 97402
541-555-1212, [email protected]
Analytical, results-oriented Professional with proven success in streaming procedures, improving inventory control, and increasing department efficiency through effective business strategy. Seeking admission to an MBA program to help realize long-term career goal of managing strategic planning, finance, production, sales, and marketing as an executive in a Fortune 500 firm. Technically proficient in MS Office, email, web browsing programs, and Macintosh/Windows operating systems. Additional coursework in ISO 9001, Internal Auditing, & MRP / ERP.
NATIONS WASTE MANAGEMENT, INC., Eugene, Oregon, May 2000 – Present
Operations Analyst (January 2001 – Present)
- Improved supplier relations and inventory control by effectively managing procurement activities.
- Increased departmental efficiency through the design and implementation of a Quality Management System after teaming with departments to establish procedures, flowcharts, metrics, and accountability.
- Guaranteed continuous improvement by establishing an internal auditing program and building an Internal Audit team. Streamlined Audi team.
- Streamlined procedures enabling project results to be compared to original proposal by instituting an effective Plan of Record Program for comparisons and evaluations.
Research Analyst (May 2000 – August 2000)
- Identified regions for cline firm’s expansion in the US agricultural waste management industry. conducted marketing and sales research, including market size and growth of each sector, geographic concentrations of potential consumers, current / pending legislation, and consumers’ attitudes on technology.
- Selected and contracted influential politicians, lobbyists, professors, regulators, and extension agents in performing research.
- Compiled concrete data on how firm’s products compared to competitors’ by analyzing practices and products being developed by others in the public and private sectors.
- Interpreted and converted statistics into charts and graphs for the firm’s corporate plan and presentations.
- Streamlined the gathering and dissemination of information throughout the company by creating a research database.
RALSTON, LLC, New York, New York, May 1999 – August 1999
Intern, Timothy Schwarz Group
- Met with CEOs and CFOs of international corporations while participating in the research department meetings; discussed implications of investment decisions with the group’s portfolio managers.
- Established investment advisory accounts, including IRAs and Trusts, for new clients.
- Integrated client security transfers and legal contracts.
- Reconciled firm records for out-of-house accounts.
CITY UNIVERSITY, Portland, Oregon
Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science, December 2000
- Recipient, Class Honors
- Coursework Includes: Financial Management, Accounting, Microeconomics, and Business History