Text Version of the
Business Student Resume Sample
145 Tahquitz Canyon, Palm Springs, California 92262
760-555-1212, [email protected]
- Award-winning multilingual Business Student with extensive professional and entrepreneurial experience.
- Awarded 2001 Student Leader for exemplary service in student government.
- Received 2001 Service Award for outstanding contributions to campus activities.
- Fluency in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; programming in Visual Basic and HTML; Web design.
TRANSLATOR, Orange County, California
Private Contractor, 4/00 – Present
- Team with two secretarial assistants to provide conversation-based translation and mediation services to non-English speaking business owners and employees.
- Awarded Hispanic Business Community recognition for assisting immigrants.
TTMXV, LLC, Santa Ana, California
Foreign Currency Trader, Intern, 12/01 – 2/02
- Handled $50,000+ monthly in trades and investment, specializing in Euros, Dollars, and Yen transactions; investigated trends and issued market reports.
- Increased profitability by exploiting Euro-to-Dollar exchange rate fluctuations.
CHILDREN’S LEARNING CENTER, Fullerton, California
Founder/ Business Manager, 6/00 – 8/01
- Established and operated an educational institution with a staff of 20.
- Built revenues through direct student recruitment and cooperative local network.
PREMIER LEARNING ACADEMY, Irvine, California
Assistant Business Manager/ Spanish Tutor, 12/99 – 3/00
- Aided management and coached students for educational preparation institute.
- Boosted student enrollment; won Employee of the Moth Award.
SEDA Y FIBRAS, S.R.L., Hermandarias, Alto Parana, Paraguay
Assistant Business Translator, 2/97 – 12/98
- Conducted English-Spanish-Portuguese translations of business documents and person-to-person conversations for global textile exporter.
EDUCATION & ACTIVITIES
CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Irvine, California
Business Administration Major, 2000 – Present
- 4.00 GPA, President’s List, Alpha Gamma Sigma, Phi Alpha Mu, Mu Alpha Theta.
- 2001 Associated Board of Trustees Member.
- Student Representative to Academic Senate, Spring 2001.
- Student Representative to Transfer Advisory Board, Spring 2001.
- Student Advisor to Business Club, Fall 2001.