Text Version of the
Catering Resume Sample
123 Main Street • Anytown, USA
800-764-8709 • www.contemporesume.com
SENIOR CATERING SPECIALIST
Highly accomplished catering professional with expertise in small and large-scale catering, banquet services, and event management. Detail-oriented and results-driven with an ever-present dedication to providing exemplary services that exceed client expectation and create a unique and rewarding experience for customers. Consistent history of repeat and referral business.
Customer Service • Menu Planning • Contract Proposal & Development • Budget & Finance • Staff Training & Development • Operations Management
Catering Manager, 2012 – Present
ABC Convention Center
- Directed all culinary operations for entertainment, sporting, and customer events.
- Managed and coached catering staff, including hiring, training, scheduling and payroll.
- Oversaw all aspects of event coordination and execution.
- Collaborated with sales managers and event managers to ensure a high level of catering service before, during, and after events.
- Maintained communication with chefs and kitchen staff to guarantee services were met.
- Conducted all equipment maintenance and ordered new equipment when necessary.
Catering Sales, 2009 – 2012
- Managed the daily operations of the catering department including establishing and maintaining new accounts.
- Communicated with customers, vendors, managers, and staff to coordinate the set-up, execution, and teardown of catered events.
- Created and implemented budgeting plans to manage costs and enhance profit through strategic purchasing and consistent analysis of expenses.
- Trained and coached catering managers to effectively increase sales effort by 30%.
JOHN SMITH – Page 2
123 Main Street • Anytown, USA • 800-764-8709 • www.contemporesume.com
Concessions, 2007 – 2009
- Conducted large-scale event planning and food production and oversaw all facets of concessions operations.
- Coordinated services and schedules with sub-contractors.
- Established job expectations for all concession areas and provided training for all employees.
- Ensured compliance with quality standards and event requirements for high levels of client satisfaction.
Catering/Sales Director, 2005 – 2007
- Trained staff to conduct outside sales calls with more time devoted to clients resulting in a 20% increase in monthly catering and event sales.
- Established relationships with community organizations and businesses to promote company services and increase sales.
- Provided banquets and catering services for conventions, corporate meetings, conferences and community/private events.
Catering Director, 2002 – 2005
ABC Convention Center
- Oversaw all daily catering functions to create innovative events and deliver top-tier service that exceeded profit goals.
- Utilized deep knowledge of varied international cuisines to develop menus and themes for events.
- Communicated with staff at all levels to plan and prepare food and beverage items in compliance with all budget and scheduling requirements.