Text Version of the
CFO Resume Sample
40 Bay Drive ~ Miami, Florida 33124
305-555-1212 ~ [email protected]
SENIOR EXECUTIVE – CPA, CFO, VP, CTTP
- Dynamic and results-oriented in guiding troubled companies to greater efficiency and profitability; reduces organizational risk through comprehensive changes to each department, ensuring maximum accuracy and quality.
- Seasoned consultant experienced in advanced upgrading of client computer system with in-depth staff training.
- Currently pursuing an MBA from Florida University to complement strengths in GAAP, SEC reporting, negotiations, acquisitions, benchmarking studies, S.W.O.T. analysis, investor relations, strategic planning, internal controls, and reorganizations.
OUTSTANDING PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Decreased reporting, analysis, and closing cycle from 22 days to 7, implementing GAAP.
- Transformed supply chain organization from build-to-stock model to a configure-to-order distribution system by coordinating best-in-class benchmarking studies and defining best processes, systems, procedures, and practices.
- Negotiated post-spin-off service contracts with parent company (3Com) and strategic suppliers as a member of the IPO transition team.
- Reduced financial closing cycle from 20+ days to 5, implementing process controls for A/P, A/R, RMA, and GL, ensuring accuracy, consistency, and quality of internal reporting.
CFO / Consultant / VP
- Secured more than $60 million in revenues through effective negotiation of purchase contracts and funding agreements.
- Acquired funding of more than $35 million by nurturing investor and investment banking relations.
- Restored a 130-store retail art concern to profitability through reorganization, including:
- Closing 23 stores and reducing/ transferring 100 staff members.
- Selling two unprofitable divisions saving the company $1.5 million annually.
- Eliminating more than $1 million in annual distribution costs by implementing a closed-loop distribution system using Ryder Resource Services.
- Implementing JIT ordering techniques and production cycles for efficient procurement of raw materials for the Manufacturing Department.
- Coordinated the study, valuation, and presentation of a $40 million aerospace manufacturing corporation for a private placement sale, installing a platinum accounting system using Novel LAN PC-based computer system and a Landmaster Property Management System.
- Increased cash flow from $5 million to $8.5 million in 18 months by raising prices or eliminating unprofitable private label and brand products.
TRACER ELECTRONICS, Miami, Florida, 2001
Chief Financial Officer
- Hired shortly before the catastrophic events of September 11, 2001, that resulted in company wide layoffs.
ANNE DUKE, PAGE TWO
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY (Continued)
FREMONT, INC., Miami, Florida, 1998 – 2001
Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives, Global Supply Chain Operations (2000 – 2001)
- Designed and executed a strategic planning process for supply chain management.
- Compiled and published competitive intelligence, utilizing S.W.O.T. analysis to develop an effective planning process.
- Developed a comprehensive performance measurement system that boosted the supply chain management team’s output and efficiency.
Controller, Global Supply Chain Operations (1998 – 2000)
- Participated as a member of the SAP enhancement team coordinating integration of PDM, inventory management controls, and BOM processes.
- Oversaw FP&A, cost/inventory accounting, E&O reserves, and support to corporate initiatives.
Manager, General Accounting (1998)
- Maintained and coordinated improvements to legacy accounting system during transition of general accounting staff to 3Com centralized accounting services.
- Facilitated coordination of cross-functional departments in the integration of general ledger, order administration, third-party fulfillment, and procurement processes as SAP implementation team member.
PRICE SLOAN, INC., Miami, Florida, 1993 – 1998
Vice President, Finance & Administration / CFO
- Identified target acquisitions and supervised due diligence team, including legal & auditing as the head of the acquisition team.
- Oversaw HR, MIS, Legal and Accounting departments, including SEC reporting for two public companies.
- Directed the merger, consolidation, and centralization of six acquisitions into two operating subsidiaries.
- Supervised the installation of two handheld computers for remote Direct Store Delivery operation.
DUKE, INC., Miami, Florida, 1989 – 1993
Consultant / CPA-CITP
- Implemented manual internal controls & procedures for POS transactions and automated general accounting/operating process controls as part of the reorganization of a floundering retail art company; installed integrated customer order entry/POS system using IBM RS6000 and Oracle.
WTR, INC., Miami, Florida, 1986 – 1988
Vice President, Finance & Administration
- Executed a standard cost system, capital project reporting procedures, and financial controls.
- Established standard process cost accounting system/control for private label & brand products.
- Uncovered relevant costs for client purchase, including everything involved in the baking process to distribution by 300 direct delivery route trucks and 28 transports.
- Converted IBM System 34 to 38, installing integrated management information reporting procedures.
STATE UNIVERSITY, Miami, Florida
- Bachelor of Business Administration, 1985