Text Version of the
Chief Financial Officer Resume Sample
222 West First Street ~ Williamsburg, Virginia 23081
804-555-1212, [email protected]
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Management Development ~ Strategic Planning ~ Financing
Accomplished, seasoned Professional with proven success in operations management to achieve the organizational mission. Superior communication skills, easily interacts with executives, regulatory agencies, clients, vendors, and staff. Technically proficient in spreadsheets, word processing, graphics, & accounting software. Member AICPA, with additional capabilities in:
- Compliance Audits
- Tax Planning
- Profitability Tracking
- Client Relations
- Lines of Credit
- ISO 9001 Certification
- Collection Processes
- Operations Training
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), States of Virginia, Maryland, & Delaware, 1988
- Charted Mutual Fund Counselor (CMFC), Institute for Wealth Management, 1980
- Certified Trainer (CT), West Virginia State College
- Security Licenses: Series 6, 63, 7, and 8
- Insurance License: Life, Health, and Variable Products
ELECTRONICS EDGE, INC., Williamsburg, Virginia, 1999 – Present
Chief Operating Officer (2000 – Present)
- Oversee all operational matters for a contract electronic manufacturing plant, in particular management development and strategic planning.
- Spearheaded effort for ISO 9001 certification.
- Secured financing for turnkey manufacturing; implemented new methods to track and improve profitability.
Chief Financial Officer (1999 – 2000)
- Supervised accounting staff with direct oversight of all accounting, payroll, & banking activities.
- Acquired lines of credit and initiated effective collection processes.
- Implemented GAAP-compliant financials and tax-planning strategies.
FINANCE TEAM, INC., Baltimore, Maryland, 1993 – 1999
Director of Compliance & Training (1996 – 1999)
- Administrated all areas of Agency compliance.
- Established periodic compliance audits & reviews; performed daily compliance supervision.
- Organized and conducted full operations training, from investments & insurance to financial & tax planning; directed client relations.
Investment Specialist (1993 – 1996)
- Developed investing strategies & portfolios for general agency sales personnel.
- Teamed with insurance agents on insurance & investment-related research.
- Designed and executed sales presentations to educate agents & clientele.
- Produced company’s weekly newsletter, wrote performance reports for distribution to clients.
SPHERE ROBOTICS, Washington, D.C., 1985 – 1993
Subcontract Administrator (1992 – 1993)
- Analyzed & controlled the Titan IV DOD contract subcontract costs and engineering funding requests.
- Performed comprehensive schedule & contract performance audits at all subcontract locations.
- Functioned as point person for new contract due diligence activities on the negotiating team.
Senior Budget Analyst (1989 – 1992)
- Served as a government-certified budget analyst for the Cost Schedule Control Criteria System on large DOD contracts.
- Teamed with project managers in budget planning and scheduling for contract performance.
DELAWARE TRUST, Baltimore, Maryland, 1981 – 1985
Commercial Loan Officer
- Worked troubled loans and compiled documentation for new commercial loans.
GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY, Washington, D.C., 1988 – Present
Adjunct Professor of Finance
- Teach Business Management courses to University students.
GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY, Washington, D.C.
Master of Business Administration, Financial Management Emphasis, 1987
STANFORD UNIVERSITY, Stanford, California
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Minor in Business, 1979
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF BANKING
Diploma, Emphasis in Retail Banking Management & Credit Analysis