by Kimberly Sarmiento
Text Version of the
Controller Resume Sample
JXXXX SXXXX, CPA, CGMA, CFE
Phone | Email
- Directs corporate planning and decision making by setting, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures that optimize fiscal performance and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Steers corporate direction and protects business assets during periods of growth and transition.
- Achieves high levels of quality, service, and performance by evaluating and ensuring systems and software remain at the forefront of advancements and by recruiting and developing talented team members/leaders.
- Expertise includes: Financial Analysis/Reporting, Accounting, Compliance, Payroll, Employee Benefits, Change Management, Systems Implementation, Process Improvement, Customer Relations, and Portfolio Management.
SELECT CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Led financial transition of Company Name’s Investigative Services Division and later the divestiture of the Personal Lines Division; proved vital to implementation of SAP accounting system and transition of case management to Wired.
- Collaborated with finance contacts and global heads to develop a detailed 2015 Global Fraud Budget.
- Established a solid financial infrastructure for Company Name within a few months of assuming leadership; efforts included improving data integrity and quality and driving regulatory compliance.
- Monitored and reported financial performance of Company Name’s portfolio companies and material variances to management; created information materials for annual meeting presentations and quarterly reports.
Controller – Company Name, City, State (2006 – 2016)
- Developed annual budgets, monitored variances, and implemented corrective actions as needed while contributing to corporate growth by reviewing business agreements to ensure financial feasibility.
- Reviewed quarterly standard internal packages (SI) and tax packages for submission to corporate; evaluated and approved reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts that comprised the SI certification submitted to CFO.
- Analyzed quarterly sales tax computation for state-level filings and statistical data provided to the government.
- Oversaw internal controls and monitored compliance in accordance with corporate policies; also headed AP/AR functions, monitoring and controlling of expenses, and delegation of work to accounting staff.
- Allocated overhead costs and reported financial performance to each of the 15 ISD and FID offices nationwide and provided recommendations to improve or enhance performance.
Senior Staff Accountant – Company Name, City, State (2000 – 2006)
- Prepared interim and year-end financial statements for diverse clientele and provided field assistance for audits.
- Created compilation work-papers for clients and maintained asset, liabilities, revenue, and expense accounts.
- Processed payroll for clients with 50+ employees and handled payroll returns and bank reconciliations.
- Managed accounts payable and accounts receivable functions for various clients.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
BBA, Accounting – University Name | Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) | Chartered Financial Analyst Examination (CFA) Level 1
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) | Fellowship of the Life Management Institute