Text Version of the
Copy Editor Resume Sample
777 Tahquitz Canyon Way ~ Palm Springs, California 92262
760.555.1212 ~ [email protected]
Meticulous, results-oriented Editorial Assistant experienced in managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines. Possesses superior editing and proofreading capabilities, with successful completion of numerous projects for a major on-line editing service and a public policy magazine. Technically proficient in MS Office Suite, Access and Outlook; Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop and Acrobat; WordPerfect; FileMaker Pro, and Goldmine Database. Experienced in Mac OS and Windows OS.
FUTURE MAGAZINE, Palm Springs, California, 2001 – Present
- Edit copy, proofread layouts, and participate in editorial meetings for this non-profit public policy magazine.
WRITE RIGHT, Palm Springs, California, 2001 – Present
- Edit and critique letters, web pages, and press releases for online editing service.
- Create and maintain personal client database.
TERRACE HALL, Palm Springs, California, 2001
Teaching Intern (Summer)
- Taught high school English literature; evaluated student performance
COLLEGE WRITING CENTER, Palm Springs, California, 2000 – 2001
Writing Tutor (Fall & Spring Semesters)
- Coached undergraduates in composition and editing.
THE LITERARY MAGAZINE, Palm Springs, California, 2000
Editorial Intern (Summer)
- Evaluated unsolicited manuscripts for potential publication.
- Edited and proofed layouts, researched facts, and responded to author inquiries.
DESERT COLLEGE ENGLISH DEPARTMENT, Palm Springs, California, 2000
Research Assistant (Summer)
- Researched and analyzed texts on numerous literature topics.
- Assisted with syllabus construction, acquired text desk copies, and updated faculty web pages.
SYSTEMS PLUS, Palm Springs, California, 1998 – 2000
- Composed and edited client profiles based on industry developments.
- Generated weekly sales reports, maintained database, performed data entry.
DESERT COLLEGE, Palm Springs, California
Bachelor of Arts in English, 2001
~ Thesis on Salman Rushdie’s The Satanic Verses
~ Phi Beta Kappa; GPA: 3.85/4