Text Version of the
Cost Analyst Resume Sample
123 MAIN STREET | ANYTOWN, USA | 800-764-8709 | [email protected]
Forward-focused finance and IT authority with a strong ability to identify initiatives and facilitate action-driven plans to align IT and fiscal objectives.
Multi-faceted professional with comprehensive expertise in financial analysis, risk management, and team leadership combined with consistent delivery of IT best practices to drive organizational goals. A creative thinker, problem solver and decision maker who specializes in the development of technology based financial solutions that streamline processes and capitalize on corporate growth opportunities. Highly-skilled and creative in the design and development of financial models. Advanced ability to maximize opportunities to drive progression and innovation in technology.
- Financial Modeling
- Client Relations
- Budget Management
- System Development
- Budget Forecasting
- Cost Reduction
- Cost Analysis
- Process Improvement
- Financial Strategy
- Accounting Procedures
- Program Development
- Team Leadership
Reporting & Cost Analyst, 04/2010 – Present
ABC Financial, Anytown, USA
- Improved budgeting and forecasting effectiveness over 80% for $40 billion dollar company by creating an automated expense management reporting system.
- Redesigned month-end reporting process, reducing time from days to hours, to maintain and generate expense reporting for internal and external business partners.
- Restructured quantitative functionality in the development of costing models which increased efficiency and accuracy while eliminating errors.
Excel/VBA Developer, 02/2007 – 02/2010
ABC Microsystems, Anytown, USA
Streamlined reporting process by utilizing Visual Basic and MS Excel to develop new software to maximize accounting procedure efficiency with automated sales and commission reports.
- Received, prepared, and modeled ad hoc requests for financial reports and spreadsheets.
- Increased accuracy of all financial data 20% by creating and integrating an automated system to capture financial data; removed manual process which eliminated discrepancies and inefficiencies.
Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance
Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
- Athletics Academic Honour Role
Computer Science Coursework, Post Graduate
Hofstra University, Hempstead NY
- Dean’s List
MS Excel (VLookup, Pivot Table, VBA, GoalSeek, Solver), MS Access (Advanced Queries and VBA), Word, PowerPoint. Proficient in VBA, SQL, C, C++, Python, Oracle Discoverer, HTML, FinCAD, Bloomberg Terminal