Text Version of the
Director of Human Resources Resume Sample
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 12345
800-764-8709 | [email protected]
HIGH-IMPACT HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Driving strategic HR initiatives to realize bottom line results and enhance employee engagement in the pursuit of organizational objectives.
Performance-driven professional with 17 years of combined expertise in Human Resources management, recruiting, corporate and employment laws. Strategy architect in the development of innovative HR initiatives to streamline processes and capitalize on organizational growth opportunities. A creative thinker, problem solver and decision maker who effectively balances the needs of employees with the mission of the organization. Strong communication, interpersonal relations, mentoring, negotiation and organizational skills.
CORE SKILLS & SPECIALTIES
- Talent Acquisition & Training
- Compensation & Benefits
- Union Relations
- Process Improvement
- Organizational Development
- Employee Development
- Project Management
- Program Development
- Staff Recruiting & Retention
- HR Compliance
- Performance Management
- Conflict Resolution
ACHIEVEMENTS IN HUMAN RESOURCES
Entered a company undergoing rapid expansion as the first ever HR Director; lacking in organizational effectiveness, with no established HR practices, built HR department from the ground up to implement HR standards and compliance, revamped employee handbook, policies and procedures, job descriptions and introduced a performance management system.
Reduced overall company benefit costs by 11% after researching and implementing plan and tier changes; made recommendations that were accepted, to initiate a 100% employer paid benefit plan for a final savings of 8%. Included in this expansion of services were Domestic Partner benefits and an Employee Assistance Program that included dependents of domestic partners as well.
Successfully navigated the maturation of an employee stock ownership plan which included initiating a payoff schedule and collaborating with outside counsel to ensure compliance.
Restructured recruiting efforts for multiple locations across the country through the creation of an interview guide, applicant guide and recommended channels for candidate recruitment; integrated to intranet for easy accessibility by all directors which streamlined the process and saved 30% in recruiting costs.
Resuscitated struggling organization by reducing overstaffed workforce by 25%, addressing and resolving compliance issues and facilitating extensive training programs.
Authored narrative for submission to 2010 Best Engineering Firm to work for in the US to Building and Design and Construction Magazine; awarded designation and will be published March 2010.
Stepped in as the District HR Manager covering 12 stores and 1400 employees directing three HR Managers, cyclical high levels of turnover requiring strategic management and a business ally with hands-on direction.
Perfect record in representing all organizations in litigation and regulatory agency matters resulting in no losses in 17 years.
2 – JOHN SMITH
Director of Human Resources (05/08 – 02/10)
ABC Consulting, Las Vegas, NV
- Established this rapidly growing company’s first ever Human Resources Department covering 150 employees. Restructured policy and procedures and brought company up to HR standards and compliance. Initiated a benefits savings of 8% with 100% company paid benefits. Opened an office in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) with US expatriates as well as hiring foreign nationals. Instrumental in ensuring compliance with all US and UAE governmental compliance issues that were required in opening a new operation. ISO 9000 certification for the UAE office was also being achieved within its first year of operation. For a period of seven months the Operations departments Accounting, IT, and Admin reported to the Director of HR while the organization searched for a CFO. Secured company recognition as the “Best Place to Work in Southern Nevada” (1st Place Medium sized company) as recognized by the Southern Nevada Human Resource Association.
Director of Human Resources (02/07 – 05/08)
ABC Group Inc., Las Vegas, NV
- Managed HR functions for 125 employees throughout the country. Executed cost effective changes to existing benefit plans and evaluated HR systems to initiate a strategic systems plan for improved efficiency. Conducted a comprehensive analysis of compensation methods and an executive compensation analysis providing analytical and benchmarking data for comparison to the executive team. Streamlined hiring process saving 30% in recruitment costs. Secured company recognition as a Best Place to Work in Las Vegas as recognized by the Southern Nevada Human Resource Association.
Human Resources Manager (06/02 – 02/07)
ABC Corporation, Las Vegas, NV
- Performed all HR functions including staffing, training, associate relations, recognition programs, benefits, and initiatives with responsibilities across the 12 store district. Performed the role of the District Level HRM when the position was vacant with responsibility for 12 stores and 1400 employees.
Human Resources Director (10/98 – 06/02)
ABC Hotel, Las Vegas, NV
- Came into this struggling establishment and initiated changes for organizational restructuring. Led a staff of 5 in the HR management of 1700 employees. Reduced staffing excess and instituted extensive training programs to meet compliance regulations. Labor relations included administering three unions including contract negotiations, grievance, termination, and Health and Welfare issues.
Human Resources Representative (4/97 – 09/98)
ABC Insurance Group, New York, NY
- Positioned as point of contact for managers and employees regarding interpretation of benefits, departmental and corporate policies. Addressed job related issues and/or performance improvement and consulted on all salary increases and performance reviews.
Master of Science, Personnel and Human Resource Development
Illinois Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology