Text Version of the
Education Resume Sample
Street Address, City, State Zip
555-123-4567, [email protected], LinkedIn address
Middle Childhood Educator: Grades 4-9
Fusing creativity and expert organizational skills to communicate subject-matter material to students in an engaging and impactful manner which heightens learning, retention, and test performance. Designs strategies for classroom management that meet the needs of all students and reward appropriate behavior. Relates well to parents and supports faculty members in achieving learning objectives and servicing special requirements.
Education & Credentials
MA, Middle Childhood Education (2015) / BS, Middle Childhood Education (2014) – University Name
Middle Childhood Generalist Endorsement & Reading Endorsement
Student Teacher — School Name: 2015
Instructed 26 students in general education 4th grade classroom material; prepared and presented daily lesson plans covering language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- Designed and implemented a comprehensive instructional unit on plants in which students devised investigations to question, predict, measure, compare, organize, interpret, and communicate observations.
- Contributed to faculty meetings and district in-service programs on a variety of topics.
- Conducted parent-teacher conferences on a quarterly basis to keep parents apprised of student progress and communicate areas in which children excelled or needed improvement.
- Modified material for five students on individual education plans to meet reading, math, and speech goals.
- Provided developmental reading assignments designed to elevate the capabilities of 11 low-level reading pupils; assisted general education teachers with specific accommodations and documented progress.
Student Teacher — School Name: 2013-2014
Spent two semesters developing and leading activities for 20+ students in 8th grade social studies and 6th grade language arts. Also assisted teachers in designing and tailoring coursework for ESL students.
- Prepared and delivered daily lessons in language arts, including development reading assessments.
- Devised and introduced a positive reward system that fostered appropriate classroom behavior.
Other Relevant Experience
Children’s Coordinator & Teacher, Kids Quest (2011-Present): Plans, schedules, and manages classroom activity for more than 50 students participating in weekly organizational functions.
Patient Care Assistant, Mount Carmel East Hospital (2011): Managed the activities of daily living for patients with a wide-array of illnesses and conditions; trained new employees on policies and procedures.
Volunteer, Big Brothers/Big Sisters (2010-2012): Tutored 5th grade students in a small group environment, covering all subject matters in two meetings per week; organized parties and field trips for the students.
Camp Counselor, Central Ohio Diabetes Association (2008-2010): Served as a counselor for day and overnight camps catering to diabetic children in age groups 3-10, 10-12, and 12-18. Designed and led indoor and outside activities to teach children to have fun while coping with diabetes; provided mentoring in individual settings.