Text Version of the
Executive Chef Resume Sample
57 Portland Avenue, Montreal, Quebec L7T 2T7
809-555-8888 | [email protected]
Executive Chef | Project & Culinary Management | Leadership | Visionary
A gold medal award winning Executive Chef with 3 decades of successful experience who has a real passion for farm to table cuisine. Highly adaptable and accomplished in all cuisine types. Proven versatility with experience in premier hotels, hospitals, independent restaurants, off site catering and cruise lines. Successful 10 year tenure in Germany working with various European chefs and cross training experience with Hilton in Tokyo and Seoul S. Korea. Fully fluent in English and German with intermediate French.
Northwest Indiana Times Media, First Class Dining for Seniors, 2012
Best Catered Venue in Chicago at Museum of Science and Industry, 2011
Awarded “Best Brunch in Town” at the Hilton/Radisson by Biz Magazine, 2005
ZDF TV appearance in Germany for Best International Cuisine Locally, 1998
Dallas Museum of Art Gala with Texas Chef Stephen Pyle’s, 2010
Won Gold Medal at Sodexo Leisure Division conference in Flagstaff, Arizona, 2010
First Ever Banquet Plate Up Live in the Ballroom Delta Beausejour, 2001
Best Original Themed Dinner in the Michelin Star winning restaurant “San Francisco”, 2000
Professional Work Experience
Sales Representative (Jan. 2015 – Present)
Global Foods, City, State
- Successfully doubled sales in larger company accounts and acquired new accounts adding 2.2 million in business by year’s end (in charge of entire WI region).
Executive Chef (Aug. 2014 – Nov. 2014)
Hyatt Regency, City, State
- Directed procurement, preparation and overall operations of food items.
- Developed menus for everyday food service processes.
- Scrutinized culinary group members by training, instructing and mentoring.
Executive Chef (Oct.2013 – Aug. 2014)
General Hospital, City, State
- Initiated new and innovative programs such as Vision, CBord and Room Service in a hospital environment.
- Delegated HACCP controls by managing self-inspections to ensure the hospital was in compliance with State and local authority regulations.
- Implemented Studer Group Business Model practices as part of employee development to allow for success resulting in State and Federal Funding based on HCAP Scores.
- Created production sheets, recipes and Par Levels to control 2.5 million in food inventory to be 80% all scratch cooking from industry norm of only 20%.
- Collaborated with dieticians to ensure that 13 different modified diet needs were consistently met.
Executive Chef (Feb. 2008 – Sept. 2013)
Hilton, City, State
- Managed 12.5 million in food operations at the Museum of Science and Industry with trend setting venues for 1000 to 5000 guests.
- Met financial targets in both labor (Sales per Labor Hour $34) and food cost 27.9 in high end P&L account.
- Assisted District Manager in account opening, closing and supported roles in his district while still being able to overview own unit.
Executive Chef (Oct.2007 – Feb. 2008)
Golf & Country Club, City, State
- Managed all aspects of the Culinary Operations for private members only club.
- Increased food quality satisfaction score by 38% within a 3-month period while decreasing inventory shelf value by 24.8%.
2nd Executive Chef (Mar. 2007 – Apr. 2007)
America Cruise Lines, City, State
- Successfully managed all aspects of culinary management to include product requisition for 1500 passenger ship, with 800 crew, 3 meal periods in the main dining room 800, High Tea 200, Ledo Buffet 700, midnight Buffet 400, to include cooking demos, and full responsibility in absence of the senior executive chef.
- Ensured ISO2000 USDH regulations were enforced and ready for inspection at each US Ports, and approved food requisitions for daily production needs.
Executive Chef (Nov. 2006 – Dec. 2006)
Four Points Sheraton, City, State
- Recruited to work at the 16000 sq. ft. Conference Center with 100 seat Tapas Bar and 65 seat Bistro.
- Inventory, Purchasing, HACCP, Training and Scheduling during financial restructuring phases.
Executive Chef (Nov.2002 – Oct. 2006)
Hilton/Radisson, City, State
Managed a 512 total room dual property under the Westmont Hospitality Group controlling 6.6 million total sales in 2006 compared to 3.1 million in 2001 due to 9/11.
- Decreased food cost from 33.9% to 28.6% over a two year period while increasing labor from 11.6% to 17.9% to meet operational needs and to comply with Union position guides under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Executive Sous Chef (Oct. 2001 – Nov.2002)
Delta, City, State
Recruited to work at this Premier Hotel in Eastern Canada managed by Fairmont, previously owned by Canadian Pacific with main focus on Catering and daily operation totaling 4.5 million.
- Increased guest satisfaction scores by 21.2% from 74.4 to 89.2 in the last quarter by being more hands on with all training and recipe control.
- Implemented taste panels and pre-shift meetings.
- Attended daily catering meetings to communicate to the chef any discrepancies in previous information flow.
Professional Training & Certifications
Journeymen Certified, Food Protection Managers Certification, License 62162 (Oct. 1990 – Present)
The Apprenticeship and Tradesmen’s Qualification Act
ServSafe, License 10266862 (Aug. 2013 – Aug.2018)
National Restaurant Association
German Master Chef Exam (1998)
Hotel Management School
Chef Training Apprenticeship Certificate (1995)
Red Seal Certified Journeymen