Text Version of the
Exporter Resume Sample
#44 Abbington Way ~ London, United Kingdom
Mobile: +44 12 5555 2123 ~ Office & Fax: +44 (5) 1123 6666 ~ [email protected]
Award-winning, bilingual Exporter with an impressive background in the strategic sale and marketing of high grade nickel-plated steel, laminated steel, and tin mill products in North & South America, Europe, and Oceania. Innovative and articulate in negotiating contracts with major firms, increasing profits in an otherwise conservative industry, and providing patent / technical assistance to the commodity lineup. Former systems administrator for the English government. Fluent in English and Japanese.
CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS ROBINSMILL CORPORATION
- Received the Metal Group CEO’s New Business Award, one of only two individuals among 1,120 business professionals and the youngest recipient in the award’s history.
- Increased gross profit by 1,000% to $3.3 million in three years, earning more than half of all team members.
- Served as the youngest member of the Historical Project team in a joint venture with the steel division of Sutterton, a large integrated trading firm.
- Commercialized STR’s first contract on the next generation of tinplate and laminate steel; currently negotiating for an annual contract of 12,000 metrics tons (MT), a 100% volume representing $12 million in sales.
- Awarded the first 100% volume (26,000 MT representing $18 billion) tinplate contract for South America’s Horton Steel by offering a 100% delivery guarantee, a first in the company’s tinplate export; tripled the shipping volume in three years.
- Played key role in contracting and facilitating Ho Jung’s technical assistance to Millerton Steel; additionally served as official translator.
- Successfully sold Ho Jung’s patent for the Semi-Brighter to Millerton Steel.
- Seized 76% volume (15,000 MT representing $12 million) from the Lancaster plant in the United Kingdom by executing the first tinplate toll process deal with Taiwan’s Tonyi and Japan’s Kawasaki Steel.
- Renewed the Lacquered Tin Free Steel export to Samoa (10,000 MT a year representing $10 million) after an eight-year hiatus by arranging an exchange rate risk hedge for a small Japanese lacquer maker.
- Acquired the first-ever trial contract with the “big four” can makers in the U.S.
- Secured STR’s sales of laminate steel, a new product, to U.S. customers; initiated marketing.
- Contracted with an American client for 50,000 MT a year representing $30 million in revenues, the largest volume in STR’s tinplate export history.
ROBINSMILL CORPORATION, London, United Kingdom, 1994 – 2000
An integrated trading firm
Tin Mill Product Export Team / Metal Group
THE COLLEGE OF WILLIAM AND MARY, Williamsburg, Virginia
Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Government, 1993