Text Version of the
Foreman Resume Sample
333 Falling Ash Circle
Providence, Rhode Island 02901 USA
401-555-1212, [email protected]
Carpentry ~ General Construction ~ Quality Control Management ~ Project Management Certificate
Results-oriented skilled Professional with solid supervisory background and experience working on projects in the United States and overseas. Background includes completing assignments in challenging environments, including areas of civil unrest, those with semi-skilled labor, and during supply shortages. Private sector experience in industrial/commercial and large, multi-unit residential projects; military experience includes seismic retrofits, modernization, and resident improvements. Technically proficient with PCs and peripherals. Physically fit to meet the demands of construction. Willing to relocate and free to travel; single with no dependents; holds a valid US Passport.
- Served as the Assistant Quality Control Manager on a $14 million US Navy modernization project.
- Trained and experienced in industrial hygiene/safety, security, and as an Emergency Med Tech/ Firefighter/ Hazmat Response Technician.
- Hold a Class A Commercial Driver’s License with T and X endorsements; possess clear driving record for well over ten years.
- Successfully worked with US citizens and foreign nationals; British West Indies indigenous workers; Bosnian governmental officials, Serb, Muslim, Croat, workers, and firefighters in Bosnia-Herzegovina; and Marshallese workers in The Republic of The Marshall Islands.
- Provided emergency response for Bosnian civilian population; liaised with local officials, UNPROFOR and UNHCR personnel.
- Possesses current First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Reads and follows structural plans to layout or check layout of sites and structures of varying sizes and functions.
- Laid out, formed, shored/poured foundations, structures, and flatwork.
- Framed with wood and metal, including structural steel members.
- Hung and finished drywall and related wall/ceiling systems.
- Performed exterior/interior finish carpentry that included door hanging and cabinet installation.
- Uses various instruments to check grade, line, and other measurements.
- Operates light to medium construction equipment.
- Experienced in driving trucks in OTR, construction, and oil/gas field operations.
- Provided safety, industrial hygiene, and emergency response at the Generation and Transmission Power Plant.
- Refurbished burned-out structure into United National Fire/EMS Station #1 in Sarajevo.
- Repaired a concrete roof structure that took an artillery hit in Sarajevo; prepared living quarters for Med Tech/ Firefighters.
- Worked on a challenging West Indies project with semi-skilled local labor and a shortage of supplies.
FRANKLIN HOWARD, PAGE TWO
US ARMY RESERVE, 1999 – Present
Combat Engineer, Bridging & Demolitions
RHODE ISLAND NATIONAL GUARD, 1999
19th Special Forces Group Airborne, Support & Medical Training
US NAVY, 1999
Assistant Quality Control Manager
GENERATION AND TRANSMISSION, Providence, Rhode Island, 1995 – 1999
Safety/Industrial Hygiene/Emergency Response
GLOBAL OPERATIONS FIRE & RESCUE SERVICE, Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina, 1994
COUNTY HEADQUARTERS, Providence, Rhode Island, 1991
EDUCATION & TRAINING
THOMAS EDISON STATE COLLEGE
Coursework in Civil Engineering & Construction Technology, on-going
Fundamentals of Project Management Certificate, 2002
US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS
Construction Quality Management for Contractors, 2002
Class I Asbestos Supervisor/Worker, 2001
Home/Building Inspection, 1999
TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY
Industrial Firefighting, 1993
CUSTOMIZED LOSS CONTROL MANAGEMENT
Hazmat Response, 1993
BASIN APPLIED TECHNOLOGY CENTER
EMT Training & Certification, 1990