by Kimberly Sarmiento
Text Version of the
Information Technology Resume
Phone Number | City and State | Email Address
Healthcare Information Technology Executive
A versatile Healthcare IT Executive leverages a track record of success in planning and implementing cutting-edge solutions that facilitate the business and patient care objectives of large hospital operations. Leads client services, product line support, process improvements, quality assurance, and staff development for multi-site healthcare operations. Known for positive crisis management, trouble-shooting, problem-solving and negotiating skills.
Business Skills: Operations, Budgeting/P&L, Customer Relations, Process Improvement, Change Management, Contract Negotiations, Regulatory Compliance
Technical Expertise: User Training/Support, Data Security/Quality, Systems Implementation, eClinicalWorks, GE Healthcare, Athenahealth, McKesson
Managed $100M+ and Hundreds of Staff in Supporting Large-Scale Hospital Operations; Select Career Highlights Include…
- Reduced Hospital Name’s operating expenses $30M via contract negotiations and service realignment. Set up systems and data governance processes and developed a strong portfolio management program.
- Directed all IT designs, implementation, and services planning for new construction of a state of the art $2B, 1,100 bed facility for Company Name in City/State.
- Implemented technology improvement at Hospital Name that saved $600K by vitalizing 400 servers. Also redesigned the second-level support structure to expedite service by 25% per support staff.
Company Name – City, State (2014 – Present)
- Provide healthcare consulting services for strategic planning of new hospital facilities, digital hospitals of the future, staff evaluations, EMR/Epic readiness assessments, disaster recovery, security, and data analytics.
- Serve in both interim support and leadership roles and provide Cloud computing evaluations as needed.
- Lead large-scale implementations and upgrades while providing user training and support.
- Guide a client through selection and implementation of a new Healthcare Information Technology System that included Electronic Health Records and Customer Relationship Management tools.
- Directed multiple application upgrades for clients using various systems, including Epic EMR, PeopleSoft, Lawson, and McKesson PACS systems.
- Consulted a client in correcting compliance issues and HIPPA violations.
Professional Overview continued…
Hospital Name – City, State (2009 – 2014)
VP – CTO/ Interim CIO – IT Multi-Site Operations Management
- Directed 200+ employees and outsourcing firms supporting 10,000 end-users at 50 facilities.
- Led team in supporting hospitals in completing an average of 50,000 inpatient visits, 1,400,000 outpatient visits, and 100,000 emergency room visits each year.
- Managed eight departments and a $100M annual operating/CAPEX budget, data analytics and reporting, and multiple application installations and upgrades; co-directed both meaningful use and ICD-10 initiatives.
- Sponsored and implemented Tele-Health program for the Jail Health department.
- Streamlined and enhanced service delivery for hardware and application deployments.
- Improved business continuity / disaster recovery plan in order to achieve high availability of services; increased system stability, resulting in 99.999% availability.
Company Name – City, State (2004 – 2009)
Director of IT / Manager Server & Network Engineering
- Directed 80+ employees in supporting 7,500 end-users at 20 facilities.
- Facilitated data management and service for an average of 25,000 inpatients, 800,000 outpatients, and 90,000 emergency visits per year.
- Supported five departments, including call center/helpdesk, network and server services, data center operations, telecommunications, and desktop/web services functions.
- Managed $15M in operating/capital budgets while driving efforts to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Architected business continuity/disaster recovery plan at an alternate site, achieving redundancy and availability of applications, data, and services while preventing days or weeks of downtime and losses of critical data.
- Implemented Ambulatory Patient Electronic Medical Records (Epic) and managed infrastructure development for inpatient Electronic Medical Records.
* Career Note: Prior professional experience includes work as a Consultant for Company Name and System Administrator for Company Name. Also served in the U.S. Navy as a medic for four years.
Education & Credentials
MBA – University Name | BS, Business – University Name
Certified Associate in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CAHIMS)
Certified Six Sigma Green Belt