Text Version of the
Interior Designer Resume Sample
1213 Flower ~ Beverly Hills, California 90210
800-555-1212 ~ [email protected]
OVERVIEW OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Award-winning, multi-lingual Interior Designer with an outstanding background in set design for NBC’s The Templetons, TriStar’s Edge of Paradise, and Carrolton Returns on PBS.
- High profile clientele includes Burt Williams, Trevor Sanders, Liz MacQuire, and R. Fredericks.
- Fluent in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, and Italian; certified by the Design Institute of New York and Los Angeles; licensed designer in the United Kingdom, France, and Italy.
OUTSTANDING PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Chosen as Designer of the Decade in 1999 for work on The Templetons series.
- Received special Academy Award in 1992 for work on Edge of Paradise.
- Featured in Vanity Fair, Time Magazine, Newsweek, Elle, and Interior Design.
- Recognized as the youngest design entrepreneur with the launching of Designs by Sara.
DESIGNS BY SARA, New York, Los Angeles, Rome, and London, 1990 – 2001
Founder / President
- Established interior design / boutique catering to high net-worth clientele, including stars of stage, screen, and television.
- Oversaw daily operations, including purchasing, outsourcing, and client relations.
- Collaborated with online firm for Designs by Sara training course accredited by the Design Institute of New York and Los Angeles.
- Grew company from $.5 million in 1990 to $6 million annually in 1993.
- Recruited, trained, and directed activities of 17 design professionals.
- Launched satellite offices in Los Angeles in 1992, Rome in 1993, and London in 1994.
- Wrote weekly column in the Los Angeles Times Magazine on affordable interior design.
- Appeared on local newscasts with design tips.
COVENTRY INTERIORS, New York, New York, 1989 – 1990
- Participated in client / designer meetings.
- Created design for firm’s reception area that was chosen as best among 20 interns.
- Assisted junior designers with fabric, furniture, and accessory selection.
DESIGN INSTITUTE OF NEW YORK, New York, New York
- Master of Arts in Interior Design, 1989
- Awarded the Francois Designation for Outstanding Interior Design Work, 1988 – 1989
DESIGN INSTITUTE OF LOS ANGELES, Los Angeles, California
- Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design, 1988
- Vice-President, Interior Designers of America, 1999 – Present
- Member, European Designers, 1997 – Present