Text Version of the
IT Executive CV Sample
phone | street address | email address | LinkedIn address
An innovative IT leader leverages extensive technical acumen, operational leadership, and dynamic interpersonal skills to drive IT functions in established and startup settings. Delivers cutting-edge designs that result in improved productivity and cost savings. Employs outside-the-box strategies to enhance security by identifying and eliminating system weaknesses and penetration points. Leads user training and student lectures while contributing to published articles on a wide-range of technology subjects.
– Select Contributions –
- Architected and implemented an IT infrastructure to support the work load of 150 researchers; saved more than $3M and earned award for the innovative design.
- Built centre website from the ground up in two months, writing customized modules and utilizing Web 2.0 technologies such as AJAX and HTML5 on a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) platform.
- Empowered high-speed data acquisition for experiments by delivering a system with full-line rate Gigabit connection from core to edge, 20TB high-performance high-resiliency storage, and 10GbE core infrastructure connectivity based on virtualized architecture.
– Professional Overview –
Company Name (2005-Present)
IT Manager, Centre for Quantum Technologies (2007-Present)
Administer a $400K operating budget and five direct reports in daily IT operations for a research center serving 100+ university professors and staff members; manage servers, networks, security, storage, and disaster recovery while supporting multiple scientific and academic research projects concurrently.
- Maintain 10 physical servers and 14 virtual machines running various operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and OpenSolaris to facilitate multiple business functions and databases.
- Conduct regular security audits to ensure proper functioning of perimeter and individual service firewalls.
- Create animated illustration of physical processes by taking input from algorithm-generated data and construct application with Adobe Flash and ActionScript.
- Train university students in Computer Network Defense techniques.
Research Assistant, Physics Department (2005-2007)
Provided scientific support and assistance for Quantum Information Science research and managed all IT aspects of research activities for several independent projects simultaneously.
- Designed code prototype of “privacy amplification” – phase of Quantum Key Distribution, which included tweaking Network Time Protocol (NTP) service.
- Crafted and deployed an internal network at Quantum Information Technology labs; evaluated and selected vendors for outsourcing of cable installation between separately located labs.
- Contributed to multiple industry publications and guest lectured at several universities.
Company Name continued…
Lab Office, Physics Department (2003-2005)
Delivered administrative, logistic, and IT support for research activity on Quantum Information Science.
- Ported legacy C and FORTRAN scientific codes from an HP-UX system to AIX system.
- Performed code optimization via OpenMP and ESSL for a program that empowered scientific research that resulted in multiple journal publications.
- Developed vendor relations and handled procurement negotiations for equipment and supplies.
- Provided logistics support and IT development for public outreach programs.
– Education & Credentials –
BS, Physics – University Name
Fluent English & Bahasa Indonesia ~ Conversational Mandarin
Memberships: Association of Information Security Professionals
OWASP Singapore Local Chapter
Special Interest Group in Security & Information Integrity
Institute of Physics Singapore
– Awards & Recognitions –
Awarded the Generic Name Honors Program – 2010
Earned Most Innovative Use of Technology Award – 2008
– Technical Proficiencies –
Concepts: Cloud Computing (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), Virtualization, and Web 2.0
Operating Systems: VMware ESX, Linux, AIX, Solaris, Mac OSX, and Windows
Software: Apache, MySQL, Samba, MTA, NFS, BIND DNS, DHCP, VPN, Splunk, and Zenoss
Networking: Procurve core switch and Juniper Netscreen firewall/router
Storage System: Brocade FC-switch, HDS AMS SAN, BlueArc NAS, and DataDomain DeDup
Security: Reverse Engineering, Forensics, Wireless, Packet Analysis, and Vulnerability Assessment
Languages: C, C++, XHTML, PHP, Perl, AJAX, SQL, and Bash-shell
Scientific Software: Mathematica, Matlab, R LaTex, xfig, and gnuplot
Multimedia: GIMP, Photoshop, and Flash
– Publications –
- “Article Title” in Publication Name, 2011
- “Article Title” Publication Name, 2005
- “Article Name” in Publication Title, 2004
- “Article Name” Publication Title, 2002
– Professional Development, Conferences & Presentations –
IT Conferences & Training
- Technical Conference 2014, Singapore
- Technical Conference 2012 – Apps, Access, Asia, Singapore
- Security IT Conference , Singapore, 2010
- IT Infrastructure for Defense and Government – USA, 2010
- Regional Asia Information Security Standards Forum, Singapore, 2007
- Data Management Conference 2007, Singapore
- Lexis-Nexis Conference, IT Security, Singapore, 2007
- Security IT Conference 2006, Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
Management & Leadership Conferences & Training
- Out-of-the-box Leadership, Singapore, 2011
- The Science & Art of Win-Win Negotiation, Singapore, 2010
- Lean Six Sigma, Singapore, 2009
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Signature Program, Singapore, 2009
- Planning & Managing Projects Training Course, Singapore, 2008
Science Conferences & Training
- Asia-Pacific Science Workshop, Singapore, 2012
- NATO Advanced Study Institute, Quantum Computation & Information, Chania – Greece, 2011
- International Conference on Nanostructures and Nanotechnology, Singapore, 2010
- Asia-Pacific Science Conference , Tainan – Taiwan, 2008