Text Version of the
Kinesiology Resume Sample
JANET N. WYMAN
48 Emerson Place, Fort Worth, Texas 76014
817.466.0015, [email protected]
Honest, confident, hardworking leader; a person of keen judgment with a record of integrity and dependability, poised to leverage education and experience toward launching a successful career in the field of Sport Psychology (or Kinesiology) with an organization seeking an articulate team player committed to supporting organization objectives.
- Teaching Knowledge: Offer an MS in Kinesiology, coupled with experience providing group instruction in Weight Training/Body Conditioning gleaned through background as Department/Teaching Assistant.
- Athletic Training: Two-year Letter Winner for Athletic Training; trained athletes of various intramural sports teams/programs, including Basketball, Softball, Volleyball, and Gymnastics.
- Communication & Presentation: Exceptional interpersonal skills. Handle sensitive matters with tact, poise and diplomacy. In-depth experience understanding individual needs and educating appropriately.
- Key Strengths: Finely tuned analytical and research skills with dedication to clear communication and presentations. Able to maintaining an exceptional rate of productivity, accuracy and efficiency.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Master of Science in Kinesiology, Specialization: Sport & Exercise Psychology; G.P.A. 3.6 (2006)
TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY, FORT WORTH, TEXAS
Bachelor of Science in Human Biology, Specialization: Kinesiology; G.P.A. 3.7 (2001)
TEXAS WOMAN’S UNIVERSITY, DENTON, TEXAS
National Dean’s List ~ Golden Key National Honor Society ~ Two Year Letter Winner
Certified in CPR and First Aid, American Heart Association, 2004-Present
TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY, Fort Worth, Texas
Graduate Student, 2004-2006
Enthusiastically pursued university’s Master of Science program in Kinesiology and Sports Psychology. Obtained education in Research Methods in Kinesiology, Physiology of Exercise, Psycho-sociological Aspects of Sports, Advanced Biomechanics, Applied Sports Psychology, Special Problems in Kinesiology, Advanced Educational Psychology, Advanced Motor Behavior, and Psychology of Youth Sports.
- Completed graduate thesis titled “The Role of Demographic and Psychological Variables in the Development of Disordered Eating Behaviors among Middle School Adolescence”; scheduled to present topic at the September 2006 AAASP Conference.
- Active member of the Association for the Advancement of Applied Sports Psychology.
Assisted Kinesiology department in ensuring that projects, duties and responsibilities of the department were carried out of in a responsive and service oriented manner. Coordinated assigned department projects and assisted with research and reporting. Maintained department project calendar to ensure timely completion of all projects. Interacted and assisted the campus community for the Director.
- Selected as Teacher’s Assistant for undergraduate coursework instruction in Elementary Methods, Secondary Methods, Team & Group Sports, and Foundations of Kinesiology and Sports Psychology.
- Taught college level courses in Weight Training and Body Conditioning.
JANET N. WYMAN, PAGE TWO
CENTER FOR ASSISTED REPRODUCTION, Bedford, Texas
Andrology & Embryology Technician, 2003-2004
Provided customer service to patients receiving Andrology and IVF services. Scheduled and explained patients’ surgical procedures. Obtained documentation from patients and Andrology consent forms. Organized patient medical records and consents for off-site embryo storage. Arranged pickup and drop off of shipments. Coordinated biopsy and testing services with outside laboratories. Tracked embryo freeze records and maintained appropriate finance/billing records. Scheduled and coordinated frozen embryo, sperm, and donor sperm shipments. Assisted laboratory personnel in support activities as assigned.
- Participated in the external audit process of laboratory credentialing and licensure to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements.
GASTROENTEROLOGY ASSOCIATION OF NORTH TEXAS, Fort Worth, Texas
Medical Receptionist, 2001-2003
Answered telephones, scheduled patient appointments, explained clinic policy to patients, received and delivered message, processed incoming/outgoing mail, received calls from hospital labs and x-rays, scheduled patient hospital admissions, filed medical reports and insurance forms, pulled patient charts, completed insurance and other forms, coded diagnoses and procedures, opened office in the morning, and maintained reception area.
- Gained broad based experience in all aspects of medical office administration.
~ Excellent references available upon request ~