Text Version of the
Management Professional Resume Sample
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA | 800-764-8709 | [email protected]
PERFORMANCE-DRIVEN SALES & MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Educational Texts | Technology & Literacy Software | Supplemental Materials
Creative, passionate and dynamic sales leader with a flair for orchestrating effective sales campaigns, developing strategic partnerships, and executing top-level presentations. Thrives in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment with the unique ability to focus on the big picture without losing sight of the details. Versatile product manager with expertise driving products and leading cross-functional teams to consistently meet key program deliverables. Develops and implements strategies driven by careful, intuitive, customer needs analysis to drive product sales with a focus on end-user application. Maintains open communication with customers to strengthen relationships and build mutually beneficial partnerships throughout all district levels. Has earned a reputation as an industry leader among customers due to knowledge, integrity and personal service. Life-long learner with a constant desire and motivation to expand professional knowledge to stay up-to-date on industry standards.
- Supplemental Product Sales
- Strategic Planning & Marketing
- Client Relations & Networking
- Promotion & Presentation
- Customer Needs Assessment
- Team Leadership & Training
- Budget Management
- Sales Methodology & Strategy
Sales Representative, Southern California, 1996 – 2010
ABC Publishing, Los Angeles, CA
- Exceeded sales quotas (105% to 190%) and generated 10-year revenue stream of $130M+ through consistent networking, customer assessment, and market strategy, 2000 – 2010.
- Recognized for Highest Percent over Sales Goal, 2009, $10M+ Sales Average for three consecutive years, 2001-2003, and Highest Sales Volume in California, 1997 – 1998.
- Secured 85% market share and generated $35M in revenue within two years by leveraging long-term relationships, ensuring broad market coverage and penetration, and prioritizing sales opportunities, 2003 – 2005.
- Managed an annual budget of $1M+ with complete financial oversight, expense analysis, inventory evaluation, and revenue forecasting.
- Designed Pilot Management Team Concept and created guidelines detailing standard procedures; adopted by representatives throughout the state.
- Developed hiring procedures, managed team of up to 20 employees, and designed training programs for enhanced consultative sales strategies.
- Organized pilot programs for targeted accounts using a consultative sales approach; coordinated per diem sales representatives to partner with teachers throughout sales cycle with a focus on customer service.
- Captured wins in over 1000 ‘pilots’ by indentifying, developing, and managing 20 top-performing per diem Sales Representatives.
- Acted as trusted Subject Matter Expert (SME) to company leaders, conveying key competitive analysis and market data to inform strategic planning and marketing.
- Liaised across departments including editorial, marketing and sales to maintain open lines of communication and evaluate current and future market trends; coordinated focus groups.
- Created successful exhibits to enhance branding and marketing, organizing products and collateral to appeal to national, state, and local educational organizations.
- One of two representatives chosen nationwide for highly selective role of National “Dimensions of Professional Selling” Trainer.
Sales Representative, Southern California
- Leveraged customer base to exceed adoption campaign sales by as much as 145%.
- Capitalized on growing niche market to introduce supplemental products and optimize revenue.
National Educational Sales Consultant, Nationwide
- Traveled extensively throughout the United States with primary responsibility for formal sales presentations, in-service.
- Training, and developing and implementing marketing strategies for all Language Arts and Social Studies products (grades 6 – 12).
Regional Educational Sales Consultant (10 States)
- Executed high-level presentations to state boards of education to secure textbook adoption.
- Collaborated with cross functional teams including sales, editorial, and marketing to drive products that captured market share.
Editor, History/Social Sciences, Florida
- Responsible for coordinating all activities involved in guiding manuscript through entire editorial process to finished bound book status.
- Served as liaison between marketing and sales representatives and consultants. Your browser may not support display of this image.
- Master of Arts, American History, University of Southern Florida, Tampa, FL
- Bachelor of Arts, History and English, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
- K-12 Lifetime Teaching Credentials, English and Social Sciences, Florida Department of Education