Text Version of the
Management Student Resume Sample
#2 Berkshire Drive ~ Terre Haute, Indiana 47809
812.555.1212, [email protected]
Enterprising business student with high GPA, growing professional experience, and desire to move into consulting and investment banking. Professional achievements include developing marketing campaigns, streamlining procedures, researching corporate strategy, and managing staff. Reduced salary expenses by 14% in MDDT Call Center. Received Outstanding Performance and Human Relations Awards at Dale Carnegie Training. Fluent in verbal and written English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. Technical proficiency includes MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, FrontPage, SPSS, and HTML.
INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY, Terre Haute, Indiana
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, expected 2004
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
ITMT UNIVERSITY, Terre Haute, Indiana, 2001 – Present
Research Assistant, Corporate Strategy and International Business (2001 – Present)
- Explore firm attributes and market-specific factors influencing globalization process of Taco Tico corporation.
- Charted Taco Tico’s expansion into Asia by analyzing global franchising industry in eight Asian countries, including Japan and China.
- Researched expansion patterns and governance mechanisms of other globalizing franchises.
International Academic Peer Advisor, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (Summer 2001)
- Conducted panel for 150 international students; lectured on American culture, successful study habits, and access to university resources.
- Educated academic advisors on ways to help international students overcome cultural and learning challenges.
- Advised 50 students on selecting courses, achieving academic goals, and managing time.
ALL TALK RADIO, Terre Haute, Indiana, 2000 – Present
Vice President of Marketing
- Increased audience of student-run radio station 40% by establishing 13-member marketing department.
- Developed publicity and promotional campaigns to support market initiatives.
- Researched and analyzed business opportunity by evaluating target segments, market entry, and profitability.
- Networked with 30 colleges in North American and Asia.
MDDT CALL CENTER, Hong Kong, China, 2001
Intern (Summer), Credit Card Operations
- Implemented capacity plan to minimize Call Center workforce for fourth-largest bank in Hong Kong.
- Streamlined customer service by modifying 30 user guides, procedures, and instructions.
- Constructed model to compute customer service officers’ shift hours and compensation schemes under various CRM models.
- Generated market initiatives by comparing card product-features and Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems of 14 market players.
- Entered and retrieved transactions in test-run of CardLink system using program such as User Acceptance Test (UAT) and System Integration Test (SIT).
Additional Accomplishments: Student Resolution Panelist, LS&A Appointed Member ~ Troop Instructor for Girl Scouts of America