Text Version of the
Marketing Executive Resume Sample
#4 Windemere Lane ~ Portland, Oregon 97205
503-555-1212 ~ [email protected]
Product Management ~ Strategic Planning ~ New Product Development
Dynamic, award-winning Executive with outstanding success creating and launching new AT&T products for domestic and international markets. Granted a Patent for an innovative card feature used to acquire new clients. Skilled in reducing marketing costs, managing cross-functional teams, and administering multi-million dollar budgets. Willing to relocate. Additional capabilities in:
- Industry Analysis
- E-based Capabilities
- Consumer Research
- New Internet Services
- Marketing Initiatives
- Opportunity Identification
- Selected, AT&T Emerging Leaders Program, with less than 5% of employees chosen, 2001 – Present
- Recipient, AT&T Circle of Excellence Presidential Award, April 2000
- Granted, US Patent, “Establishing Billing Arrangements for a Calling Card in a Telecommunications Network,” January 1999
- Recipient, AT&T Vice Presidential Achievement Award, March 1998
- Recipient, AT&T True Spirit Presidential Award, Individual Winner, February 1997
- Recipient, AT&T Patent Incentive Award, May 1996
AT&T 1983 – Present
Division Manager, Marketing strategy and Offer Development, Consumer Services (2001 – Present)
- Direct strategic planning of Internet, high-speed access and telephony services with $1.7 billion annual revenue, including short and long-term blueprints for market share and revenue growth.
- Identify marketing initiatives through customer research; develop targeting and segmentation plans.
- Analyze industry trend and competitive landscape; oversee opportunity identification and evaluation; construct business cases; formulate new offers and promotions.
- Create, track, and evaluate internal metrics and management reporting to identify marketing performance and effectiveness of programs, offers, channels, markets, and product mix.
- Drive branding guidelines across the organization and with external partners.
Marketing and Sales Director, Consumer Services (1999 – 2001)
- Led team in launch of new telephony and high-speed Internet services, including customer identification, sales planning, channel mix, pricing, promotion, and customer experience definition.
- Developed strategic business plan for new venture into consumer DSL broadband service.
- Directed formation of E-based capabilities, including web site, E-sales, E-care, and E-billing/payment.
- Supervised in-house and outside agency creative staff in developing logos, web site, direct mail, and e-mail acquisition marketing; functioned as point person in external partner negotiations.
Product Management Director, Consumer Services (1997 – 1999)
- Increased market share by 35% in local voice service launch leveraging switch resale, cable, and wireless technologies; defined operational plans to integrate TCG and AT&T following $12 billion acquisition.
- Managed $1 billion business unit; led supplier negotiations, oversaw financial and operational results.
Strategic and Business Planning District Manager, Consumer Services (1996 – 1997)
- Prepared strategic and business plan communications for presentations to AT&T Board of Directors, industry and financial analysts, suppliers, partners, and employees.
- Led team of 55 representing 15 functional organizations in $1 billion Business Unit.
- Ensured success of new corporate venture by strategizing business plans, cases, and market scenarios.
VERONICA TULLEY, Page Two
Senior Marketing Manager (1995 – 1996)
- Awarded Patent #7,289,347 for innovative card feature used to acquire new customers and enhance $4 billion calling card business.
- Slashed marketing budget 24% by creating new marketing plan during key membership on special task force.
- Designed marketing offers for direct broadcast satellite services, in-state calling service, and long distance/cellular bundled packages.
- Strategized and planned based on client profiles, competitive strategies, technical capabilities, & financials.
Senior Product Manager, Consumer Services (1992 – 1994)
- Increased operating income 35% through unit cost reductions & price increases; delivered $877 million in revenue managing full income statement for consumer calling card products.
- Oversaw $110 million installed base of public telephones at numerous public & governmental sites; yielded a 22% reduction of on-going operational costs and inventory by establishing product performance metrics and installing processes that tracked and improved service reliability.
- Directed activities on a nine-month, $52 million project, implementing new phone / facsimile products, including research, development, manufacture, and installation of new technology.
- Led team of 50+ suppliers, developed integrated product plan, and led product development, establishing and managing product goals, forecasts, pricing, and performance targets.
- Reduced fraud and improved product functionality by targeting product enhancements and collaborating with lab teams to research and develop solutions.
Branch Operations Manager, Computer Systems Division (1989 – 1991)
- Created and established line operations group of 45+, including recruiting, training, and supervising, to support direct sales channel for computer products.
- Directed line operations, including staffing, policies and procedures, systems definition, training, performance targets, and day-to-day administration.
- Exceeded corporate goals in ordering, scheduling, provisioning, billing, collections, & client satisfaction.
International Market Operations Manager, International Division (1985 – 1988)
- Reduced international provisioning interval by 67%, achieving a 91% on-time shipment rate; directed provisioning and export of $37 million+ in computer products annually.
- Functioned as primary interface with partner headquarters in Italy & Switzerland and 21 subsidiary locations worldwide, honing skills in export / import laws and cultural sensitivity.
- Directed international joint venture agreement between company and Olivetti, overseeing all operational and contractual commitments.
Pricing Analyst / Billing Associate, International Division (1983 – 1984)
- Generated pricing proposals fulfilling a wide array of international requests.
- Achieved 99.8% compliance with contractual obligations, foreign import laws, and U.S. export laws; managed billing and accounting of international contracts.
WEST STATE UNIVERSITY
Milton Freeman School of Business, Portland, Oregon
Executive Master of Business Administration with Honors, June 2000
~ Freeman Scholar, Top 10%
ST. ANTHONY’S COLLEGE, Portland, Oregon
Bachelor of Science with Honors in Business Administration & Management, 1982