Text Version of the
Medical School Admissions Resume Sample
100 Lincoln Square ~ Washington, DC 20001
Home: 202-555-1212 ~ Work: 202-555-1213, [email protected]
Dedicated, multilingual Graduate Candidate seeking admission to medical school for future work in international relief and assistance, a passion partly realized through volunteer efforts. Background includes extensive laboratory skills, research, data collection, and publication of findings. Currently enrolled in a pre-med program; knowledgeable of life-saving techniques as a First Aid/CPR instructor. Linguistic capabilities include fluency in English, Japanese, and Thai. Well traveled with prior work and academic experience in Greece, Thailand, Japan, British Virgin Islands, Grenada, and Spain.
EDUCATION & HONORS
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA COLLEGE, Washington, DC
Post-baccalaureate Program in Pre-Med, Current
~ GPA: 3.9 / 4.0
VIRGINIA COLLEGE, Richmond, Virginia
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, 1997
~ National Advanced Placement Exam Scholar, 1997
OPTICAL RESEARCH FOUNDATION, Washington, DC (2000 – Present)
Laboratory Manager / Technician & Co-investigator
- Perform electroencephalographic analysis of visual cortex on five-year-old patients to collect data.
- Direct laboratory activities, including research and nonprofit management; maintain complex computer system and research equipment.
- Research and publish finding on visual development.
- Supervise an accountant and secretary.
- Trained at Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute on Motion Symmetry VisualEvoked Potential Analysis (MSVEP analysis) equipment.
- Co-published “Stereopsis Incidence After Botulinum Toxin A Treatment of Infantile Esotropia,” AARVO,(with Tilley, R.; Ralson, S.; and Wagner, T.).
- Assumed responsibility for completing two electronics course on equipment maintenance.
- Constructed the laboratory (a complex, highly-controlled visual environment for subject testing) including assembling state-of-the-art custom-designed computer-driven EEG analysis equipment and performing customized scientific-grade (low-noise) electrical wiring in the lab.
VIRGINIA OPTICAL CENTER, Richmond, Virginia (2000 – present)
Director of Electrophysiology
- Oversee laboratory activities.
- Integrate equipment from successful research trials into clinical practice.