Text Version of the
Project Manager Resume Sample
Fxxxxx A. Dxxxxxxxx
Street Address, City and State
[email protected] | H: 555-555-1234 / C: 111-222-3333
Project Manager & Engineer
A proven project manager blends technical, relationship building, and leadership skills to direct daily maintenance and large-scale overhauls in manufacturing environments. Excels in budget and resource oversight, as well as process improvements and equipment modifications, in order to elevate safety, productivity, compliance, and profitability.
Project Management – Procurement – Process Improvement – Budgeting
Implementation – Cost Controls – Documentation – Compliance
Team Leadership – Material Handling – Equipment Maintenance/Upgrades
Select Career Highlights
- Headed $10M procurement spend as well as testing, validation, and troubleshooting for bio equipment; modified machines and redesigned select elements to eliminate operating concerns and improve usability .
- Managed a $500K warehouse upgrade to increase capacity 50%; oversaw scheduling, facility design, procurement, and coordination between construction, electrical, and installation contractors.
- Designed modifications for a capping machine handling 200 vials per minute, reducing scrap rate 50%; captured significant savings for a production line generating $1.5B volume per year.
- Installed vision systems to automate inspection procedures, boosting safety, decreasing overhead, and enhancing competitive advantage and marketability.
- Streamlined processing and removed bottlenecks for the packaging department by securing and installing
a new vacuum inspection line; resolved problems with cold room storage and scheduling.
Consulting Engineer (2008-2015)
Advised on regulatory/documentation requirements, packaging line designs, and processing equipment standards.
- Conducted document, technical, and regulatory reviews for a medical device company shipping manufactured products from Eastern Europe to be sold and marketed in Asia.
- Assisted in gaining approval from regulatory authorities to ensure smooth product registration.
Company Name, Location (2002-2008)
Monitored packaging equipment and systems for a 45 acre plant manufacturing a high-value chemical product; developed change control, validation, and commissioning documentation for upgrade and installation projects.
- Prepared and managed annual budgets as well as special capital projects ranging up to $2.5M; led cross-functional teams with 10-25 individuals spanning several functional areas.
- Supervised eight mechanics on SAP-generated repair and maintenance requests for $5M+ of facility equipment; scheduled assignments to prevent production interruptions.
- Teamed with the quality control division to provide optimal inspection systems/ tools, worked with representatives to prepare required documentation, and handle validation for equipment upgrades/changes.
- Directed layout design and equipment transfer from a closed facility into a freshly constructed packaging area.
- Created and adjusted SOPs and carried out corrective and preventative action assignments; proved vital in plant-wide lean manufacturing conversion and 5S implementation efforts.
Company Name, Location (1998-2002)
Consulted Bayer HealthCare on filling and finishing equipment engineering and a warehouse upgrade project.
- Obtained and installed vacuum verification, capping, tray loading, and material handling equipment.
- Interfaced with production department to assess and complete equipment and facility upgrades, utilizing CAD software for layout design; partnered with in-house and outside machine shops to fabricate parts.
- Coordinated vendor and contractor activity/scheduling for multiple projects.
Company Name, Location (1996-1998)
Supervised three technicians for construction/engineering projects, preparing schedules and providing training.
- Utilized AutoCad 12/14 to generate fabrication, assembly, and 3D drawings; developed a computerized coded database to reorganize and improve archiving for more than 8,000 drawings.
- Procured industrial equipment for various projects and produced bill of materials as well as monthly invoices.
- Introduced a new purchasing and inventory method to lower fabrication delays.
Education & Professional Development
- BS, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing Concentration – California State University
- Project Management Course – Project Management Institute
- Barrier Isolation Technologies Seminar – Barnett International
- AC&H Psychometry, HVAC Design, and Lab Ventilation Design – University of California, Berkley
AutoCad, MS Project, Paradox, Visio, SAP, Lotus Notes, Microstation, and MS Office