Text Version of the
Public Policy Resume Sample
800-764-8709 • [email protected] • www.contemporesume.com
PUBLIC POLICY ADMINISTRATOR
Enthusiastic public policy advocate with degrees in Public Administration, Policy Analysis, and Political Science. Dynamic communicator and strategic thinker with a talent for maximizing cost efficiency by restructuring processes, reducing spending, and improving service quality while strengthening the bottom-line. Excels at seeking out solutions to complex problems in order to deliver value-building results. Displays a dedication to personal commitments and places a premium on responsibility, integrity, and performance. Equally successful working independently or in a team environment.
Public Policy Administrator, 05/2013 – Present
Community Relations | Public Speaking & Presentation | Strategic Planning | Risk Assessment
- Led six week cost of services project seeking to define per capita spending on community services such as garbage pickup, police, and fire department in order to reduce spending.
- Communicated with comparable cities to acquire spending data; analyzed and compiled findings into reports to be presented to city council.
- Researched and reported on emergency services response time highlighting the exponential growth of fire spread and damages incurred.
Assistant City Planner, 2009 – 2013
Process Improvement | Cost Reduction | Research & Data Analysis | Project Planning | Due Diligence
- Worked directly under the town administrator and fire chief on accreditation program for town’s EMS.
- Ensured policies were current and compliant; made recommendations for changes to be implemented before deadline.
- Compiled data to support the creation of a metro fire system; attended meetings, examined logistics of combining two fire departments, and uncovered projected benefits.
- Uncovered $33,000 in lost revenue; presented plan to recommend the hiring of an additional employee to increase services while still generating revenue.
Assistant to the City Planner, 2005 – 2009
Budget Management | Team Leadership | Performance Enhancement | Effective Communication
- Worked in various departments utilizing communication and consistency in performance to meet expected levels of service while maintaining quality.
- Coordinated weekly meetings, communicated with various departments, and acted as a representative for the City Planner.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
University of Anytown
Bachelor of Science: Public Administration, Policy Analysis, Political Science