Text Version of the
Sales Director Resume Sample
45 Harbourfront Drive, Ottawa, ON K1Z 2P2
647-999-1111, [email protected]
Goal driven and accomplished Sales & Marketing Director with a 15+ year proven record of delivering about target revenues and growing account bases. Considerable experience with start-ups, business change, improvement programs, and acquisitions. A dynamic leader with a history of industry success leading sales & marketing of B2B technical propositions and solutions.
- Software Solutions
- Sales Solutions
- Cloud Computing
- Lead Generation
- Analytics & SaaS Solutions
- Business Intelligence
- Start Ups
- Sales Methodologies
- Channel Sales
- Sales Growth: As a Business Development Director crafted and sealed a $1 million contract with a major food logistics provider.
- Business Development: Negotiated, closed and coordinated contracts with the Health, Aviation, State and Federal government as well as multiple other businesses.
- Account Development: Successfully executed opening in Middle East with $2 million sale to one of the biggest retailers in the region against local and global competition.
- Team Development: While working at Qlik Tech, grew team to 10 staff including partner sales managers, presales, marketing and operations personnel.
Professional Work Experience
Director of Sales & Marketing (2013 – Present)
Merchant Mart Ltd.
- Bringing disruptive technologies and innovative solutions in knowledge working to the ANZ market via channel and other go to market strategies designed to accelerate and maximize penetration and adoption.
- Deliver technology services to US and EU cloud/SaaS based solution vendors. Establish GTM models for ANZ.
- Support early stage vendors to achieve earlier entry to ANZ and APAC than would otherwise have been possible.
- 130 suspects > 10 prospects > first 3 clients within 30 days.
Partner Sales Director / Alliance Director (2010 – 2013)
Director, Consumer & Manufacturing Business Unit (2005 – 2010)
Techie Tools Ltd.
- Hired to manage all indirect and channel sales.
- Establishment of robust partner network and program in ANZ. Over 300% growth in revenue. Recognized consistently as the top team in region.
- Designed and implemented new compensation model to fully leverage interstate resources.
- Headed the management of the Inside Sales operation.
- Established equitable partnerships with major SI’s including Accenture, Cap Gemini and Deloitte.
- Made the indirect/channel business the backbone of the ANZ operation.
Sector Sales Manager then Head of Retail Practise (2003 – 2005)
- Recruited to direct company-wide technology development and projects for a specialty retailer.
- Designed and established best practices for sales methodology which are still followed globally by the organisation.
- Matured consumer team to become the top performing in the region.
- Secured major local and global wins with Mars Confectionery, GSK, PepsiCo, Sony, Amazon and multiple others.
- Recognized annually as the top sales person in UKI and in the top 10 globally.
- Repeatedly over achieved annual targets by up to 140% since 2005.
MBA – Master of Business Administration, Heriot-Watt University, In Progress
Sandra Nguyen, Sales Director at Sky Labs (May 2015)
“I had the privilege to work for Jimmy, a thoughtful leader in sales and marketing. His leadership style is that of empowerment and motivation. He is an exceptional people manager with an unparalleled eye for details. Working with him has been an abundant experience as his open communication and encouragement.”