Text Version of the
Security Executive Resume Sample
phone | email
Senior-Level Security & Intelligence Executive
Out of the box thinker committed to preventative security rather than just excellent crisis management
A multilingual leader with extensive experience in international, foreign, and domestic security offers expertise in intelligence gathering and analysis, strategic and tactical planning, and risk mitigation against a wide-array of potential threats. Excels in creating and leading training aimed at elevating staff and team capabilities; effectively manages multimillion-dollar resources.
Information, Personnel, & Asset Security – Relationship Building – Confidentiality – Cross-Agency Collaboration – Team Building – International Relations – Operations Planning – Negotiations – Conflict Resolution – Strategic Planning – Communications Training & Development – Project Management – Risk Analysis/Management – Crisis Management – Contingency Planning
Select Career Highlights
- Directed and contributed to security operations in foreign countries such as Jordan, Kosovo, Turkey, Cyprus, and Bosnia; served as liaison and partner to UN and NATO forces.
- Led training for 500+ military staff and international civilians, instructing students from NATO countries worldwide.
- Coordinated airport security for high ranking dignitaries, military leaders, and country heads from around the globe.
- Managed more than $12M in physical assets allocated to security forces as well as $95M in equipment.
Direct Domestic Security Operations Force (2010 – 2015)
Planned and led security operations for one of the largest field camps in XXXXX, two high-risk conflict zones located in XXXX. Directly managed 12 personnel with upwards of 900 total staff.
- Completed 80+ border, area, and convoy security operations for domestic operations to date.
- Produced 40+ high priority reports on security issues to inform senior-level decision makers on best-case strategies to mitigate potential threats to personnel and assets.
- Hosted more than 20 high-level visits and presented numerous high-level briefings.
- Successfully conducted more than 15 aeromedical evacuations of sick and wounded personnel.
- Crafted methods to provide reliable force protection and took preventive measures to address hostile actions.
- Created and enforced applicable standing operating procedures and policies.
- Facilitated continuous and effective liaison with headquarters, law enforcement agencies, government organizations, and local authorities to maintain situational awareness.
Foreign Embassy Name
Deputy Military Attaché to XXX (2008 – 2010)
Served as a political-military advisor to XXXX Ambassador and embassy country team; represented XXXX Armed Forces and Ministry of National Defense as military, defense and security liaison officer with a top secret security clearance.
- Assured security of foreign personnel in XXXXX, including oversight of airport and port security.
- Partnered with local security and law enforcement agencies to improve force protection and mitigate risks from terrorists.
- Collected open source or overt intelligence information and identified potential threats and vulnerabilities; prepared reports and briefs for senior embassy staff and country briefs for visiting officials, staff, and dignitaries.
- Produced reports on defense and national issues to inform senior-level decision makers on recommended mitigation options for personnel and transportation security issues and activities.
- Forged networks and cultivated relationships with Jordanian government, security, military, and private sector leaders.
Multinational Task Force
NATO Military Police & Liaison Officer (2006 – 2007)
Served as primary interface between NATO and a multinational task force regarding security, intelligence, and operations issues. Participated in regional security meetings with high-level representatives of law enforcement agencies.
- Co-planned activities performed by military police and advised local police on matters concerning peacekeeping activity.
- Delivered emergency evacuation data for international police office to interested parties in the region.
- Actively contributed to weekly “Soft Target” meetings and “All Sources Intelligence Cell and Target” meetings.
- Coordinated all incidents with regional investigation, traffic, and logistic units; conducted 100+ onsite visits to various police and security operations to ensure optimal operations.
- Analyzed daily intelligence reports and summaries and communicated data to relative personnel.
Government Agency Name
Chief Defense Projects Coordination Section (2005 – 2006)
Worked as a member of the project working group exclusively established to conduct academic research for improving the country defense procurement system; analyzed defense procurement systems of multiple NATO countries.
- Identified essential training needs for defense procurement officials and drafted training material/programs.
- Read, translated, analyzed, and interpreted numerous procurement related technical documents; prepared summaries and annotations and delivered briefings to senior decision makers.
- Participated in numerous meetings with government, public, academic, and private institutions and organizations regarding the development of an enhanced defense procurement policy.
Military School Name
Officer’s Training Manager and Instructor (2002 – 2005)
Directed, coordinated, planned, developed, and delivered basic, advanced, and post-advanced training for domestic and foreign officers. Courses included training for officers, platoon leaders, commanders, maintenance, and mission orientation.
- Supervised 17 military and 4 civilian personnel in delivering all courses with class times spanning 1 to 41 weeks.
- Served as advisor and subject matter expert for the operations and mentor/model for 300+ junior officers.
- Trained more than 1,000 officers over the course of three years including 100+ international military personnel.
- Monitored, assessed, and recorded all training activities and prepared final reports on program effectiveness and ROI; provided feedback for improving distance learning material and recommended changes to teaching methods.
- Organized and executed 20+ field training and live fire exercises per academic year to familiarize junior officers with contemporary operating environment in combat zones.
Education & Credentials
MSc, Science & Technology Policy / BSc, Military Organization Management & Mechanics – University Name
Native XXXXX, Fluent English & French | Holds a current Top Secret Security Clearance