by Kimberly Sarmiento
Text Version of the
Software Developer Resume Sample
555-444-3333 | [email protected]
Senior-Level Software Developer
An innovative software developer offers proven success in identifying needs/gaps and creating solutions that enable business objectives for corporate and government clients. Leads large-scale software implementations and upgrades that enhance performance, cut costs, and improve the customer experience. Delivers quality user training and support.
Areas of Expertise: Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) – System Analysis – Project Planning – Team Leadership – User Interface – Quality Assurance – Problem Resolution – Change & Release Management – Test Scripting
Select Career Highlights
- Initiated an outbound shipping solution that replaced a paper/manual process with an 85% error rate; the new process yielded less than 5% error and is used for 15,000 shipments per year that are valued at $4.5M+.
- Served as project lead on multiple consolidation projects; demonstrated system count reduction of legacy systems while retaining all necessary compliance functionalities.
- Partnered with the client’s ERP team to establish a seamless communication solution between legacy system and a new enterprise system that would be used for the client’s entire operation.
- Implemented a process change that established controls on remote transportation procedures, ensuring remote shipments were approved, tracked, and associated with a verified change account before processing.
Senior Software Application Engineer – Company Name (2010 – 2016)
- Managed a technical team that spanned three organizations in solution, design, development, testing, validation, implementation, training, and support activities; managed full lifecycle of all assigned projects.
- Created DoD compliant workflow system to run shipping process from requisition generation to funds recovery.
- Led application team in latest successful security inspection of web applications and corresponding databases.
Senior Application Developer – Company Name (2007 – 2010)
- Served as team lead for analysis of web-based technology selection; fully converted a legacy system to a web-based client/server application and provided technical support/enhancements for VAX/VMS based programs.
- Led functional design and development team in building Oracle forms applications.
- Implemented new technologies to assist in developing web silicon chip testing manufacturing system; managed install base and repair parts replacement applications.
Senior Consultant – Company Name (2004 – 2007)
- Guided the development of call center solutions, consulting clients in finance, insurance, government, and manufacturing segments on the design of out-bound and in-bound call center applications.
- Led a team of 75 consultants over the course of two years in hours billed to clients.
- Integrated multiple legacy systems into a common front-end interface.
Education, Credentials & Technical Skills
- Bentley University: BS, Computer Information Systems
- Certification: ITIL, Six Sigma Green Belt
- Languages:NET, PL/SQL, SQLPlus, VBScript, ASP, HTML, and XML
- Tools: Visual Studio, Actuate, Active Reports, Crystal Reports, Visual SourceSafe, MS Access, iET Developer, Oracle Developer, Designer, & Reports, and TOAD
- Platforms: Windows, MVS, and VMS