Text Version of the
System Engineer Resume Sample
[email protected], 215-777-7777
27 Shelton Drive, Springfield, PA 23903
An IT expert offers a proven track record in setting up and maintaining networks/systems as well as diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues for internal/external clients. Provides high level technical support for end-users, ensuring problems are thoroughly examined and solutions are well tested prior to implementation.
Operating Systems: Windows Platforms, Linux (UNIX)
Software: MS Office, Visio, Symantec, Antivirus, Ghost, VMware, Lotus Notes, MS Server, ISA Firewall, Exchange, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), SQL 2005/2008, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), MS Forefront Threat Management Gateway
Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, ARP, RARP, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, SMTP, SNMP, POP3, HTTP, VLANs, VPNs, Telnet, Wireless, 802.11, CAT-5, HP ILO
Hardware: Desktops, Laptops, Printers, IP Phones, Wireless Access Points, Firewalls, Servers, Routers, Switches, Modems, VPN Concentrators, ISCSI, NAS, SAN, UPS
Select Career Highlights
- Consistently updated and documented procedures for on-boarding and configuring customer environments while troubleshooting issues related to Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless controllers, Access points, NetApp storage, VMware vCenter, ESXi hosts, IBM servers, HP Chassis/Chassis blades, and Cisco UCS Chassis/blades.
- Provided network/system support in a Managed Services Center for 120+ customers; operated in a team setting and as an individual contributor to isolate, diagnose, and troubleshoot/resolve client issues.
- Used Cisco ASAs and MS Forefront Threat Management Gateway for firewall setup, configuration, and permission on proxy devices; also maintained and updated firewalls daily.
- Facilitated consulting services for key customers, including Independent Blue Cross, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Excelon, and other major corporations for a third-party IT service provider.
Company Name (2012 – 2015)
MSC Tier II Engineer
- Served as Lead Network Engineer for the preparation and completion of on-boarding new customers for ePlus. Monitor, manage, and maximize support services; tasks include setup and configuration of NATs, DNS, ACLs, SNMP, Syslog, Cat tools, credential management, and Cisco VPN router setup/install.
- Gathered and validated client vendor support and circuit information for MSC support team; confirmed customer data was accurately imported from EM7 to Remedy ticketing system.
- Maintained communications with the client’s IT department/lead until data is gathered and devices are setup for monitoring and management; imported/maintained customer credentials though Secret Server.
- Discovered and tuned EM7 monitoring system to check/alert hardware or service impacting issues.
- Utilized Remedy ticking system to document all incidents and change requests; completed change requests for clients for Call Manager, Unity, IP Phones, syslog, SNMP, Cat Tools, IOS changes, and adding/removing NATs.
- Assisted with on-boarding clients by setting up access and monitoring Cat tools for customer’s equipment.
- Assessed customer conditions and made recommendations on hardware/software upgrades.
County Government (2011 – 2012)
- Served on the core infrastructure team, leading design, implementation, and support of Cisco technology.
- Worked on Catalyst 6500, 4500, 4900, 3750, 3560/Nexus 7000, 5000, 2000 switches, firmware, VLANs, and RADIUS+/TACACS+ authentication as well as firewall hardware such as ASA 5505/A5520, IPs, NATS, ACLs, VPN setup, Cisco Any Connect VPN, and RADIUS+/TACACS+ authentication.
- Setup base templates, backups, and documented procedures for new network equipment.
- Assisted in LAN/WAN issue troubleshooting and migration from VMware vSphere 4.0 to vSphere 5.0.
Company Name (2008 – 2011)
- Setup, configured, maintained, and upgraded servers, firewalls, switches, routers, and CAT-5/fiber optic connections; worked on Cisco switches/routers, HP servers, Dell PowerEdge, and Cisco firewalls.
- Implemented and tuned MS System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) at multiple client sites as well as internal backup solutions using Symantec Netbackup 6.5/7.0.
- Installed and configured MS Data Protection Manager to ensure data projection for hosted environments.
- Configured VMware ESX 4.0/4.1 Hosts, vCenter, and virtual machines for production, demo, and clients.
- Maintained Aneixnet’s internal data center infrastructure, including networks, servers, and computers.
- Coached and mentored two interns on network administration and virtualization techniques.
Company Name (2007 – 2008)
Technical Support Technician II
- Supported company and third-party software including VPNs, antivirus, antispyware, firewall, encryption, and patch management for customers on a level II+ or engineering level.
- Provided support for multiple network connection types, including WiFi, dial-up, and mobile data.
- Troubleshot networks, firewalls, authentication/radius servers, VPN concentrators, and RSA tokens as well as ISP-related issues; diagnosed client concerns by reviewing logs and creating issues with test PCs.
- Contributed knowledge base to group projects and prioritized/resolved multiple trouble tickets each day.
Company Name (2003 – 2007)
- Troubleshot network issues on desktop/laptop computers and delivered end-user technical support; consistently received excellent ratings for service and turnaround time.
- Utilized Norton Ghost to create software images for distribution to end-users.
- Designed and built a MS Access database to record and track information technology assets.
- Created user accounts, assigned privileges, and assisted with management of network resources.
Education & Credentials
BS, Information Technology Security Specialist – University Name
Certified Cisco Network Administrator (CCNA)
Certified Cisco Network Professional (CCNP)
VCP4 VMware vSphere (Install, Configure, Manage) | VCP4/VCP5-DCV Certified