Text Version of the
Technical Editor Resume Sample
111 Fillmore ~ San Francisco, California 94104
Phone / Fax: 415-555-1212, [email protected]
Meticulous, accomplished Technical Editor with comprehensive experience in writing, editing, and proofreading healthcare-related documents, including those for hospitals, insurers, and pharmaceutical concerns. Skilled in print and online editing; technically proficient in Adobe PageMaker, Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, QuarkXpress, FrameMaker, MS Image Composer, Paint Shop Pro, Macintosh OS 8& 9, Windows 95/98, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, MS Office and WordPerfect Suites, HTML, DreamWeaver, and MS FrontPage. Fluent in Japanese and English, Certified Writing and Editing.
GOLD COAST HEALTH, San Francisco, California, 1997 – Present
Senior Technical Editor
- Perform comprehensive editing services on strategic, financial, actuarial, clinical, operational, and analytic reports for hospitals, IDSs, PHOs, IPAs, HMOs, insurers, and pharmaceutical companies.
- Provided in-house and client technical support by writing and editing manuals, installation guides, and help files on a multitude of custom-developed software and system packages.
- Produced company’s quarterly newsletter, including writing, editing, and proofreading copy.
- Compiled, edited, and proofread articles, case studies, managed care market profiles, and presentations.
- Composed and edited web pages and scientific, technical, and medical materials.
- Wrote and edited acceptance / test procedures and qualifications test procedures for SAS and other custom-developed programs and packages.
- Contributed to the editing, writing, and design of company Internet and Extranet websites.
- Designed in-house and sponsor online advertisements.
- Created multimedia instruction materials, including illustrations for technical and non-technical audiences.
THE SAN FRANCISCO INSTITUTE, San Francisco, California, 1996 – 1997
Culture Coordinator / Instructor
- Instructed students in introductory and advanced Japanese.
- Organized the culture training program assisted foreign and national exchange students; developed marketing material for exchange courses and programs.
- Assisted in establishing two exchange programs with Japanese universities.
- Composed and edited advertising material in the Japanese language.
- Coordinated the editing and production of an English and Japanese information video.
WORLDWIDE LITERATURE ASSOCIATES, London, United Kingdom, 1992 – 1995
- Developed English and Japanese tour books, including writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Planned, edited, and supervised the design and production of more than 20 annual publications.
- Oversaw the content, design, and production of promotional publications.
- Scheduled production of materials with the printing service, including selecting papers and inks.
- Hired, trained, and evaluated staff, including proofreaders, editors, and translators; made purchasing decision on reference materials; planned budgets; revised copy; determined book and magazine content, keeping audience tastes and preferences in mind.
Additional experience as an Editor & Translator for the Toyo Language Company in Tokyo, Japan
CITY COLLEGE, San Francisco, California, Certificate, Technical Writing & Editing, 1997
COAST UNIVERSITY, San Francisco, California, Bachelor of Arts in Communication & Mass Media, 1991
LANGUAGE ARTS INSTITUTE, Nagoya, Japan, Associate Degree in English, 1988